Lots of user registration in demo setup

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Lots of user registration in demo setup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    josinc
    Participant
    I have setup a wplms site with demo content provided by you. The design and the contents are all working fine. But in the last 12 hours, I have got 26 new user registrations. Mine is a recently registered domain and nobody other than me knows this domain. Is that a hole in wplms?
    sandy
    Try installing this plugin for spam protection: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wangguard/ Let us know if this helps.
    josinc
    Participant
    I installed Wangguard and activated it. Now the spam registers are less, but they are still there. Does anyone have this problem? None of my wordpress instances have this problem. It started after I installed the wplms demo content.
    sandy
      Spam is a real issue for all BuddyPress sites. There are several plugins which help out to curb this. If you want to restrict spam then only allow registrations via WooCommerce checkout.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Lots of user registration in demo setup’ is closed to new replies.