mail function not working

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting mail function not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    When I clicked "forgot password" and followed through it. I got this error in the screenshot. "Your host may have disabled the mail function". But I am receiving the new registration mails regularly.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please go to wp-admin->lms->settings->emails, check if the email settings are correct and enabled. If yes then also check the forgot password email is set there or not.
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    Yes, I checked the settings, It seems ok. I added forgot password email message and saved it, Still it is showing me the same error. few days ago I received a mail from wpmandril to transfer the account to mail chimp, I didn't took any action. Few days later I have seen new user registeration emails and I thought that it wouldn't be necessary. Does the current problem anyways related to it.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    If you are using wpmandrill then let me tell you that mandrill has closed all the free accounts and now the users who have mail chimp premium  account can only use mandrill to send the mails. So if you don't have mail chimp premium account then you cannot use wpmandrill.
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    Ok, Now I am receiving mails for new registrations and notifications like friend requests, orders e.t.c and I am not receiving mails on the forgot password only. Is there a way to solve this without using mandrill or mail chimp?
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    When I go through the settings, I found the buddypress Emails settings. There are 16 published settings, I think the settings in the buddypress emails are working, there I couldn't find a setting for the forgot password. How to create one for the forgot password because when I tried to create it, I couldn't find a situation matching the forgot password option? And the contact page is working fine, which is not present in the buddypress emails.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay can please try enabling the wplms html emails from wp-admin -> lms -> settings -> emails -> email options . Please also set a html email template of wplms from wp-admin -> lms -> settings -> emails -> email template  . Then please set the activationa dn forgot password emails content and check again if this time the forget password emails are sending out . Above will override the wp default forgot password email and will send the content that you set in it .
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    Ok, now the email function works, but the name tag is not working. 1. I used the default template as it is. The name appears as {{name}}. 2. It didn't show the complete message, thought that the message is too long, so I shortened it up but the updated message is not getting mailed. It is mailing the old message without the password reset link.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. & 2.These both are known issues . For 1 fix coming up in the next update of theme and for 2. Please refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/reset-password-link-missing-2/
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    Is there any other way to make the link getting showed up because I am using the managed wordpress, Here in ftp client it is giving me the error permission denied to change or overwrite the file in the root directory?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Can you please try saving the templates in the wp-admin->lms->settings->emails->forgot password, activate account and email template, refer: http://prntscr.com/bcw5pq Please save these templates and then check.
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    what is the recommended plugin for emails?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    We recommend mailchimp plugin for emails.  
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-forgot-mail/ I used this plugin and it works fine now. Thank you.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok Thanks for confirming, so marking the topic as resolved and closing the topic.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘mail function not working’ is closed to new replies.