Main menu problem when resizing

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Main menu problem when resizing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    fwu
    Participant
    hello, I realize I have another issue with the main menu. when I rezise and the menu doesnt fit on the available space, I get 2 lines of menu content. I expect to get the compressed menu instead.   thank you
    fwu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, It is a mobile view problem, we are sorting this. Please wait.
    fwu
    Participant
    sure, Ray. thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Compressed menu is not possible in this view.If we compress menu then it trims its item. To remove double lines, please paste the following css in wp-admin>appearance>customize>custom css @media (max-width: 1110px){ .sleek {max-height:90px} #menu-main-menu {max-width:600px !important;} } Refer : http://prntscr.com/iim7fb But in that view complete menu is missing due to lack of space.Thats why double line is there to provide space. If you want to remove these lines then it trims some items.
    fwu
    Participant
    Ray, I understand the second line is due to the lack of space. But what I was expecting was to get the compressed menu as soon as the menu gets out of space. That is actually what the demo is doing. But when I changed the font size it started showing on 2 lines when it should show the compressed menu instead. This made me believe that the demo theme as a maximum menu size specified somewhere that let control when the compressed menu should be shown. Am I right? So, when you say this: "<span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">But in that view complete menu is missing due to lack of space.Thats why double line is there to provide space. If you want to remove these lines then it trims some items."</span> What I want to achieve is to trigger the compressed menu as soon as the lack of space happens. If I need to set a fixed menu size accordingly to my font size and the number of menu items, I may do it, althought it doesnt seems a good way of solving this. Dont forget that on the demo, as soon as you start rezising the browser window and you start loosing space, the compressed menu shows, and no 2 line and no menu trim is made. In my case, because I have bigger font and more menu items, that should happens more soon, just that. regards    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, We are trying to solve this if possible in your case. please wait.
    fwu
    Participant
    ok. thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    fwu
    Participant
    fwu
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    fwu
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    fwu
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Main menu problem when resizing’ is closed to new replies.