Manual “Drip Feed” the teacher/administrator will have control of the course.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Manual “Drip Feed” the teacher/administrator will have control of the course.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ntsikrikis
    Spectator
    How to … Curriculum-Lessons Flow We have created a Course with Sections and Units. We want the teacher/admin to have this functionality. • Enable/Disable a unit for ALL the enrolled students. (This means if the unit is enabled then the enrolled students can go ahead with this unit). • Mark this unit as complete/incomplete for ALL the enrolled students. (This means if the unit is complete then the enrolled students will see the check next to the unit). • Enable/Disable a unit for a specific student. (This means if the unit is enabled then the specific student can go ahead with this unit). • Mark this unit as complete/incomplete for a specific student. (This means if the unit is complete then the specific student will see the check next to the unit). This is a manual “Drip Feed” that the teachers/administrators will have control of the course.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Drip feed there are various kinds of drip feeds provided in wplms that you can control in course settings . Also you can apply unit start date time in wplms . refer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHLAlEnGcts https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/apply-drip-feed-based-on-duration-of-unit/ https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/enabling-unit-start-date-and-time-in-course-drip-feed/ 2. Not in case of drip feed applied .Works best with the "previous unit complete" setting enabled . 3. You can control the access of students after they have started the course from course admin . refer : http://prntscr.com/b9fje8 http://prntscr.com/b9fl8p 4. Same can be done as explained in point 3 .
    ntsikrikis
    Spectator
    Alex thank you for your quick response. My question was if a teacher CAN CONTROL the curriculum and Enable/Disable, complete/incomplete a unit as he pleases. All the courses that we teach have this scenario. We have created predefined courses plans with Sections and Units. In these Sections and Units we have: Text Documentation, video lessons, live streaming conferences, quizzes, assignments etc. COURSE a • Section01 o Unit01 o Quiz01 o Unit02 o Unit03 with assignment o Quiz02 • Section02 o Quiz01 with assignment o Unit04 o Unit05 (The Active and Current Unit) o Unit06 with assignment • Section03 o Unit07 o Unit08 o Unit09 o Unit10 Can a teacher control this course? Start with all the Units, Quizzes to be Inactive and Incomplete. (That means from our point of view that the students cannot enter to any Units only they can see the description of this unit.) As the course goes on THE TEACHER makes which is the next active UNIT (current lesson) and also marks which of UNITS are COMPLETED. Example 01 I am a teacher and I want to start this course from Section02 Unit05. I want to make Unit05 Active. CAN I DO THAT? Example 02 I am a teacher and I have started my course and we have completed Unit01. I want to make this Unit as Complete for all my students. CAN I DO THAT? Example 03 I am a teacher and I have started my course and we have completed Unit01. But one of my students did not attend Unit01. I want to make this Unit as Complete for all my students except from this student. CAN I DO THAT? Example 04 After one week from the scenario Example 04 this student Attended Unit01 and I want to make this Unit as Complete for this student. CAN I DO THAT? Example 05 I am a teacher and I have started my course and we have completed after 3 months Unit01, Unit02 and Unit03. Today I do not want to show out again to my students the Unit02 and I want to make it unavailable (disable it). CAN I DO THAT? Example 06 I am a teacher and I have started my course I want to make Unit05 Active for all of my students except from one. This student did not send me a scanned form that I have asked from my students or this student did not paid his installment etc. CAN I DO THAT? Example 07 After one week from the scenario Example 06 this student paid his installment or send me the scanned form that a have asked now I want to make Unit05 Active for this student. CAN I DO THAT? Example 08 I am a teacher and I have started my course I want to make Unit05 Active for all of my students except from one. This student did not send me a scanned form that I have asked from my students or this student did not paid his installment etc. CAN I DO THAT? Can we customize this and from the teachers/administrators point of view to have three buttons next o each unit • “Enable/Disable Unit” • “Make this Unit as the Current Active Unit ” • “Mark this Unit as Complete”/ “Mark this Unit as Incomplete Complete” The same buttons next to the Course stats of the Students. In your database probable you have these fields for each student. • Field1 if the specific Unit, Quiz is Enable/Disable. • Field1 if the specific Unit, Quiz is the Current Active Unit. • Field1 if the specific Unit, Quiz is Completed / Uncompleted. These are the fields that we want to be updated from our customization.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Thanks for the detailed description and the use cases. Really helpful in understanding your requirement. From a coding and implementation point of view here's what I suggest : In WPLMS a user marks a unit as "complete", this completed unit is always visible to the student and this unit completion can also be managed by the Instructor (tutorial) So here's how we can achieve all the use cases : a. Disable "Mark unit complete" button for the Students. b. Enable content visibility to Student if the unit is marked as complete.   So, now : Use case 1 : Yes, Instructor goes to course - admin - user- stats area, marks the unit 5 in section 2 as complete. Now, when user accesses the course, she is only able to access the unit 5 remaining units show the title & description and content part shows a message that the content is not enabled by the instructor. Use case 2: No, Bulk mark complete is not yet available, however manually the isntructor mark the unit complete for all the students. Use case 3 : Yes you can do that. Use case 4 : Yes USe case 5 : Yes Use case 6 : Possible. Use case 7 : Yes USe case 8 : Yes,   Based on your requirements we may need to add an new feature to a mark unit complete for all the students, which would resolve all the use cases for you. We will be developing a plugin to add more bulk actions in the course admin . (it may take some time ) . The plugin would be available by next week .
    ntsikrikis
    Spectator
    Alex thank you for your quick response Please explain me how and from where can I do these to changes " So here's how we can achieve all the use cases : a. Disable "Mark unit complete" button for the Students. b. Enable content visibility to Student if the unit is marked as complete. "
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    SOrry i missed to show a tutorial for that . Please check this video : http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cD1V2IiQHm For a and b we will be sharing a code for you shortly .  
    ntsikrikis
    Spectator
    Alex, Can you tell me if you have the solution for me for part a and part b?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well sorry ,we were engaged in the theme update and testing ,so we were not able to do any development for this plugin . We will resume he development shortly on this plugin .
    thebrandinst
    Participant
    hi i would also like to know how to <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">a. Disable "Mark unit complete" button for the Students.</span>
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @thebrandinst: Will continue the discussion on your topic: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/disable-complete-unit-for-students/
    diego
    Participant
    Does this feature is gonna be included in WPLMS 4.0?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    YEs this can be possible with little php custom code in wplms 4.0 .  
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Manual “Drip Feed” the teacher/administrator will have control of the course.’ is closed to new replies.