Manually evaluated quiz problem: final mark (grade) doesn't save!

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Manually evaluated quiz problem: final mark (grade) doesn't save!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    roath
    Spectator
    Hello, In a manually evaluated quiz, if the final mark of the student is 0 (zer0, i.e. all his answers were wrong), wplms doesn't save his marks - and doesn't return any error message, on the contrary, is the same behavior as it was saved. But his quiz still shows as "pending" evaluation in the ADMINISTRATOR view and in the CSV report his mark at the quiz stays at N.A. How can I solve this problem? Thank you. Best regards, Rodrigo
    Mk
    Currently there is no provision for 0 marks. If system finds 0 marks and quiz status submit. it understands it as quiz is not submitted. Please give atleast 1 marks.
    We are working on this bug and will update solution with next update
    roath
    Spectator
    Any news? A more serious problem for manually evaluated quizzes: as you know, when I student leave a question blank the instructor CAN'T assign any mark for it. So, when a student leaves ALL the answers blank, the instructor can't assign any mark for any of the questions. The final mark should be ZERO, but the system doesn't allow the instructor to assign any mark and the quiz status will remain "pending" forever! When do you think this problem will be solved? Thanks.
    Mk
    Well the answers of users are saved as comments in the questions and marks for the question are updated in the comment meta table . therefore when user does not marks question there is no comment added for the question from that user and hence we cannot set the comments meta . As of now this is a limitation in wplms . If you still want to give marks for that question , you can adjust it by giving marks in another question in which user has marked answer .   We need to change this whole architecture in order to fix this issue .
    roath
    Spectator
    Ok, I understand this is an open issue, but do you suggest any "low level" solution (e.g. insert lines directly in the database table with fake marks). As I said before, when a student submits a completely blank quiz the instructor is unable to assign any marks to it. And this happened a few times, and the instructor wants a report with ZERO as the total mark for this quiz instead of N.A. (and also remove from the "pending correction" status). Thanks.  
    roath
    Spectator
    Hi, just to rephrase my question in the last message: I want to be able to assign ANY GRADE/MARK for a manually evaluated quiz which the student submitted WITHOUT answering any question (i know that if he had at least answered 1 question I could assign any mark for this question, but it's NOT the case). How can I achieve that? I'm willing to use SQL commands directly in the database if there is no other way: I only need some advice! Thanks again.
    Mk
    Please try adding this code in your wplms-customizer.php Go to wp-admin -> Plugins -> editor -> select plugin wplms-customizer-> and add code in wplms-customizer.php   add_action('wplms_submit_quiz','submit_quiz_check_unanswrreed_questions',10,3); function submit_quiz_check_unanswrreed_questions($quiz_id,$user_id){     if(!function_exists('bp_course_get_quiz_questions'))       return;     $quiz_questions = bp_course_get_quiz_questions($quiz_id,$user_id);     if(!empty($quiz_questions) && !empty($quiz_questions['ques'])){       foreach ($quiz_questions['ques'] as $key => $question) {          $val = bp_course_get_question_marked_answer($quiz_id,$question,$user_id);          if(empty($val)){             $answer = 'this answer not marked by user!!!';             bp_course_save_question_quiz_answer($quiz_id,$question_id,$user_id,$answer);          }       }     } }   Add this and check and reply. Thanks.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Manually evaluated quiz problem: final mark (grade) doesn't save!’ is closed to new replies.