Mark video units complete

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns VideoVibe Mark video units complete

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    karmaproject
    Spectator
    Hi I had a question about this plug in. I am wondering if I want to move all my courses content in one e-book that includes my text and videos hosting this with Adobe's online publishing. Would the video's that I put into my courses ebook be marked complete? After they have been viewed from this format if I used this plugin to format hosting the videos.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well im sorry I was not able to get you on this CAn you please explain more on this ?
    karmaproject
    Spectator
    Oh okay so the video is in the ebook which is listed as a unit in the course. If its used this way there is no way to mark the video complete. Or maybe its possible to make a button in the ebook to a url to mark it complete. I noticed that the video vibe has an auto complete feature so I'm assuming upon finishing watching the video its marked complete in the LMS. Does this make more sense?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Wel that auto mark complete unit feature only works if you embed the video in unit using video vibe .. Basically it will work on;ly if the video is added using " wplms_vimeo " shortcode . example : [wplms_vimeo file="25515483"] It wont work in other way .
    tylerburke
    Participant
    I have added a video using the Video Vibe short code and the "Proceed to Quiz" is showing and allows the user to skip the video and go straight to the quiz. Settings: Video Vibe: Enable Auto mark complete unit when vimeo video finishes Checked. Course Setting: Enable Auto mark complete unit when vimeo video finishes. Set to Show ( but this changes nothing if I change it to Hide) LMS Setting: Auto-mark unit complete when user proceeds to next unit. Checked. Please help.
    tylerburke
    Participant
    I have added a video using the Video Vibe short code and the "Proceed to Quiz" is showing and allows the user to skip the video and go straight to the quiz. Settings: Video Vibe: Enable Auto mark complete unit when vimeo video finishes Checked. Course Setting: Enable Auto mark complete unit when vimeo video finishes. Set to Show ( but this changes nothing if I change it to Hide) LMS Setting: Auto-mark unit complete when user proceeds to next unit. Checked. Please help.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the issue is appearing due to this setting : LMS Setting: Auto-mark unit complete when user proceeds to next unit. Checked. this will automatically mark the unit as complete irrespective of vimeo video and will show proceed to quiz link, Please disable this settings and check again   
    tylerburke
    Participant
    ok. So I disabled that setting and now the "Mark Unit complete" option is available allowing the student to simply mark the unit complete without watching the video. The entire point of the video vibe option is to force the user to watch the video and then mark the unit complete automatically at the end. Is this not possible?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay then please add this css in your wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> custom css : a#mark-complete {display: none !important;}
    tylerburke
    Participant
    Thank you Alex. Will adding this remove all instances of "Mark Unit Complete" even on text based units? If so, that will be a problem. Is there a way ro only hide the "Mark Unit Complete" display on Video based units?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please remove that css given above and add this script in your wp-admin ->  wplms -> miscellaneous -> Google Analytics Code : <script> jQuery(document).ready(function(){ if(jQuery('body').find('.vv-vimeo-wrapper').hasClass('auto_mark_complete')){   jQuery('a#mark-complete').addClass('hide'); } jQuery('.unit_content').on('unit_traverse',function(){ if(jQuery('body').find('.vv-vimeo-wrapper').hasClass('auto_mark_complete')){   jQuery('a#mark-complete').addClass('hide'); }); });   </script>
    tylerburke
    Participant
    Will do. Thanks so much!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Mark video units complete’ is closed to new replies.