Masonary Layout For Blog

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Masonary Layout For Blog

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    Hi, Our development website is running in WordPress 4.3.1. We are using the LMS theme. On our blog page, via the VC back-end editor we added the Post Masonry Grid. But our posts on the blog page are not coming in a masonry grid layout, it is being displayed one below the other. How do we make our blog layout using the masonry grid? URL to our blog: http://dmtm.ivanbayross.com/blog/ Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards,
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please note that the blog template will not show your any content that you have added on the page  .It will just show all the posts there . IF you want to show your post grid in blog page then change the template of that page to other templates like "No title"  or " Default template " . refer : http://prntscr.com/9c0pk1 
    BAM
    Participant
    My blog template only shows a couple posts at a time. How do I get this Post Masonry Grid template I like how it looks. It do not see this template under page attributes. I have around 100 posts and I am wondering also if there are any other layouts. For example by category etc.
    BAM
    Participant
    I figured out this is a setting to use Page Builder. However I noticed when using page builder and then viewing source of page none of the blog posts listed content actually show up so it can be indexed and read by search engines. I sure hope there is a way to change this. If so please tell me how. Otherwise how is this going to be good for SEO and are all page builder pages going to sacrifice the content being read properly by search engines? Also I noticed if I use a feature image it puts the feature image in the post too. This looks odd if I already have an image in the post. Is there a way to not allow image to also show up at the beginning of the post.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    @Bam : In the post grid block, there is a setting called "Total number of Blocks in Grid" When you view the page source, the "Number of blocks" will appear in source. The ones which are dynamically loaded will not appear because there is no scroll in view source. p.s : It is always recommended to create you own topic, to avoid confusion.
    BAM
    Participant
    Thanks
    BAM
    Participant
    @ivanbayross how did you get the red READ NOW buttons in your Masonry layout for blog. I like that look..!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Use the visual composer post grid element for that and you can style that button .
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
      Hi Alex, We have some issues with Masonry layout:
    1. After changing the blog layout to a Masonry grid layout, the posts load 15 / 20 seconds after the page is loaded completely. Is there a way to load the first 5 posts when the page is loading without the time gab? When there is a time gap it looks like there is no content on the page. The loading image is also not noticeable.
    2. Apparently our blog masonry grid does not work on a MAC. Here is the link to our blog - DMTM Blog Link.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    Further to my above post. When I am logged in via the WP Admin and I check the Blog main home page, I can see the blog posts displayed in a Masonry layout.  But when I am viewing the site as a normal site visitor (without logging in a Admin) I can't see any blog posts displayed in a Masonry layout. Any help will be appreciated.
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    Further to my above reply, currently we have changed the layout of the blog back to the default layout. Click here for the test page with Masonry layout. The reason why masonry did not work was because of the cache plugin. Now when the cache plugin is deactivated the masonry is working but it takes 1-2 minutes for the blog post to display in masonry format. How can we avoid the delay in displaying the post in the Masonry layout. Any help will be appreciated.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is dependent on your server and php response  . Please disable the plugin that you find not to be necessary in your site and also refer this topic for the caching :  https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/cache-plugin-recommended/
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    We have 28 active plugins. Here is a list:
    1. Akismet - Used for comment spam
    2. bbPress - Used by the theme
    3. BuddyPress - Used by the theme
    4. Code Snippets
    5. CommentLuv Premium - Needed for Comments
    6. Duplicate Post - Used for WP Amin Section for Pages
    7. EventON - Used by the Theme
    8. Formidable - Used for creating and saving any form
    9. Layered Popups - Used for Popups to capture site visitors email id
    10. LayerSlider WP - Used by the theme and for the home page
    11. NextScripts: SNAP Pro Upgrade Helper - Used for auto positing to social media channels
    12. NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster - used for auto positing to social media channels
    13. Remove Widget Titles - Used to remove title for widget displayed in the Blog section
    14. Simple Page Ordering - Used for WP Admin Section
    15. Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer - Used for extending the VC plugin
    16. UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore - Used for backup and restore
    17. Vibe Course Module - Used by the theme.. We will use this on the site in some time.
    18. Vibe Custom Types - Used by the theme.. We will use this on the site in some time.
    19. Vibe ShortCodes - Used by the theme.. We will use this on the site in some time.
    20. WooCommerce - Used by the theme.. We will use this on the site in some time.
    21. Wordfence Security - Used for security
    22. WPBakery Visual Composer - Used by the site
    23. WPLMS Assignments - Used by the theme.. We will use this on the site in some time.
    24. WPLMS Customizer Plugin - Used by the theme.. We will use this on the site in some time.
    25. WPLMS Dashboard - Used by the theme.. We will use this on the site in some time.
    26. WPLMS EventOn - Used by the theme.. We will use this on the site in some time.
    27. WPLMS Front End - Used by the theme.. We will use this on the site in some time.
    28. Yoast SEO - Used for SEO purpose
    Can you please take a look and let us know which plugin may cause issue. If you want we can give you admin access to our site to investigate further. Any help will be appreciated.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please use this plugin to test which plugin is causing the issue : https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/ Also checking your php server log will indicate you for the culprit .
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    We installed and activated the Query Monitor Plugin. When we when to that test page the plugin showed us 8 PHP Notices, 1 Slow Query and 1 HTTP Request. Take a look here: http://www.screencast.com/t/lwqMutpn Here are the login details for our site. URL: http://www.digital-marketing-training-mumbai.com/wp-admin/ Username: techhelp Password: Fvn7BIVL0x6!zqPQG2Q3pOMc Please can you take a look and let us know what the issue is? We really want to resolve this issue, as we really like the Masonry layout. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Masonary Layout For Blog’ is closed to new replies.