Memberships with PMP

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Memberships with PMP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    uosvald
    Spectator
    Hey! I would need some help with a few membership/sign up issues: 1.) I am trying to set up a very simple site for now, but will hopefully expand it in the future. I want to have users sign up to access some restricted content (courses section). For now I do not want to accept any payments, just users to sign up. What would be the best way in your opinion to do this? 2.) I have tried two things to achieve what I described above: Buddy Press and Paid Membership Pro. My problem is that even after trying a few things, I can not get the site to "lock down" some of the pages. For instance, for the page /all-courses/, I checked the box under "Require membership". I tested it in incognito and it did not restrict access. Thank you for your reply! Best, Urban
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Make you memberships free .They will have different duration but price will be 0 for all memberships. 2. Well the all-courses page is a buddypress directory page and pmpro restrictions will not work on it . It will be visible to all users .
    uosvald
    Spectator
    Ok, thanks for the answers! Does that mean that the PMP memberships can apply only to courses? What if I want to add restrictions to other pages, like a media library, blog, etc...?   Thank you! Best, Urban
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    In posts and pages also you can restrict the users via membership, refer: http://prntscr.com/cv9ig3 But it won't work on media library.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Memberships with PMP’ is closed to new replies.