MIgrating Student and Databases to Clean WPLMS v4.2 New Install

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues MIgrating Student and Databases to Clean WPLMS v4.2 New Install

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    kenetork
    Participant
    Hi, I am planning on create a new wplms I stall clean with 4.2, because I tested the video transfer to migrate and it is now working properly, it's super buggy and I prefer to strat fresh, but I have some concerns about rebuild all the courses I have in version 3.9.9, I need detailed explanations ABOUT HPW TO DO ALL THIS, I am worried about some things: 1- Can I just migrate the quizzes to avoid creating 168 questions I already have copying databases from the old site? 2- Can I migrate the verticales I have, I mean I can copy and paste via FTP all the PDF files for media and certificate, but how would all those certificates be applied to all users profiles as they in v3.9.9 can I copy database as well to have those? 3- after a clean install I won't have students, how to re add them to the fre 4.2 version install which database? I need to be sure about all this please, explain which exact database I need to copy and add into my fresh install to have all those linked, my quiz questions, the same tests, amount or percentage to approve the tests and the certificate at the end associate with each course? I am worried about all that, please could help me with this, you migration process is not working as it should and I have a live site with 2 years content that I need to take care of and my students will be complaining as well if something goes wrong, I will be working on a test site for sure, but I need to know which steps to do and the databases to accomplish this successfully. Thanks in advance for your help, it's being a nightmare to try to migrate for almost 1 year already.
    kenetork
    Participant
    Hi, I need help on this BIG ISSUE!
    Veronica
    hi 1 . yes with csv import in backend 2 . do this : migrate certificate templates and course data and its user connected data and then goto wp-admn -> lms -> setting -> functions -> sync areas -> regenerate certificate sync 3 . postmeta and usermeta tables
    kenetork
    Participant
    Could you please give me nore details about it pelase? I mean like using screencatures and a better exlanations? I am confused please, I need some of your time on this to explain properly because I can't make any mistake, could you? I asked about different things about the tests and quizes? Assigned those tessts to a certcifate with a database to copye and move to 4.2? are those things capable of being copied as well without redoing all that from 3.9.9 Thanks
    kenetork
    Participant
    Hi, I am still waiting for a detailed expanation about this process please.
    Veronica
    yes for sure for 1: http://prntscr.com/23znixx for 2: when you import the course then in course data certificate will also then sync from here: goto wp-admn -> lms -> setting -> functions -> sync areas -> regenerate certificate sync
    kenetork
    Participant
    Please give me detils about this: 1 . yes with csv import in backend -- HOw?? 2 . do this : migrate certificate templates and course data and its user connected data and then you mean copy and paste the PDFs generated into the same folder or what? 3 . postmeta and usermeta tables only those 2 tables and nothing more? will that consider wooocmerce orders, and all the other stuff? Please i need those details, thaks!
    kenetork
    Participant
    I just tried exporting from LMS v 3.9.9 as csv and tryinh to import those csv into v 4.2 and nothing, ti says impirting complete, but it is not working, is this s compatibility issue or what? I could not import courses, nor quizes, etc
    kenetork
    Participant
    Please read this as well and answer me all the last 3 things as well, I was trying to migrate databases in phpmyadmin from the live site, btu I coukdnt, because i don't know how to migrate databases
    Veronica
    hi for 1: as I have mentioned above you need to follow this tip to import/export courses/quizzes/assignments/questions https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/bulk-importexport-wplms-via-csv/ and for 2: when you select this http://prntscr.com/2468t9h then it will import all the related content of the course which will include the certificate template too after that you can perform this goto wp-admn -> lms -> setting -> functions -> sync areas -> regenerate certificate sync from here: http://prntscr.com/246925f http://prntscr.com/246937v for 3: for this, you need to copy/export the entire database of your site(which contain the content) and also make a copy of the newly migrated/created site, dump the entire database of the new site EXCEPT for the options table, and import the database of your content site to the new site but this also does not guarantees to import all the progress of students with course/certificate
    kenetork
    Participant
    This is why I am not trusting this manual process... I will strat a nre thread about migration from 3.9.9 so you can have acess. thanks
    Veronica
    ok
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘MIgrating Student and Databases to Clean WPLMS v4.2 New Install’ is closed to new replies.