missing security issue

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting missing security issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    kffaner
    Spectator
    why cant i log in? many of my members are experiencing same issue, this is very frustrating please let me know how to fix this asap.
    kffaner
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    kffaner
    Spectator
    yes, as I mentioned above, this is because i disabled redirect but i need the redirect to work.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Did you change the password that you shared above because right now it's showing me invalid credentials error.
    kffaner
    Spectator
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    kffaner
    Spectator
    I dont know what to tell you, like you said yourself it is a cache issue so of course it will work if you just turn it on and try it. You need to wait some days or weeks for it to start coming up. Look at all the other topics with same issue, i am not making this up, clearly there is an issue here that needa to be fixed.
    brempel
    Spectator
    I am having the same problem at webstersacademy.com My instructors and students cannot login without getting "missing security" pop up. This is not a great way to start the New Year with students and teachers who cannot login. I have not touched a thing on the website since yesterday, and now we get this blockage. Please fix now!
    kffaner
    Spectator
    @brempel , turning off ajax login and registration and also disabling redirect under LMS settings fixed it for me (although obviously you lose those two functions).
    brempel
    Spectator
    I tried with Firefox and Chrome and both threw me the "missing security" message. I then tried with Safari (Mac) and got in no problem. It is likely a setting in the browsers, but I can't be bothered to find where it is. It appears to not be a WPLMS problem. BTW my site is not considered a SSL secure site and likely this will become a problem in browsers in the future.
    kffaner
    Spectator
    @brempel, its browser cache related issue, some coding of wplms is messing with cache as far as I understand it. If you try any of those browsers in icognito (secret mode) then you will be able to log in. Incognito ignores browser cache. I dont think ssl has anything to do with it, i got ssl on my site and it still was not working.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The issue is actually with the browser cache only. This is how it works right now: We post the security nonce parameter in the html and the browser cache the whole html of the page. Therefore the security parameter never changes and the cached nonce is fetched every time. ----------------- But seeing all these issues in wplms 3.4 version I have changed this behavior now the security nonce parameter will not be fetched from the html but it will be fetched from the JS. So this issue will not arise in the wplms 3.4 version. Please wait for the update to be released.
    kffaner
    Spectator
    thank you for fixing it with the next update, i appreciate your hard work and input into this theme.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘missing security issue’ is closed to new replies.