My password needs to be changed every time

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues My password needs to be changed every time

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    skaye23
    Participant
    My password is not fixed when I reset it. I could not log in with the original password some day, so I needed to change it into new password. But, the new password did not apply to log in on my site next day. Therefore I had to reset and create new password whenever I logged in. Please let me know what the problem is ..
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This is really weird . This can only be happen in following two cases : 1. Someone is trying to attack in with a script to change your password , 2. There is some other admin or user that is changing your password . SO please check if you have updated theme regularly ? Check for the third party plugins by deactivating them . Please also check other admin accounts as admin accounts have capability to change anyone's password .
    skaye23
    Participant
    Hi~ There is one admin account on my site. I am updating theme regularly and nowadays has the latest version, WPLMS 2.0.8 I think there are some third party plugins, but I have a question, Which plugin should I deactivate and How do I sort the plugins of all plugins.. After resetting the password, I can log in, but when I try to do it on new webpage, it do not apply to log in.  I can change the anyone's password with admin account. I want you to clarify it in the easy way to deal with the issue.    
    skaye23
    Participant
    Hi~ I realized that the log- in on the header  has the issue, but in another widget located on the course side bar, it is able to be logged in. I think the issue was caused by the header php. I hope it will be helpful for you to judge it.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay can you please check if your have added some code for the login widget login form url using this hook " wplms_login_widget_action " ? Please share your current username and password to check this at your end . When i checked your site form action attribute is in complete .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please check comparison :  http://prnt.sc/azppa9
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    PS : mark reply as private while sharing credentials . and you do not need to click on forget password each time . you can still login from your-site.com/wp-admin .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Right now i have fixed the login issue by adding the given code in your wplms-customizer.php file : add_action('wplms_login_widget_action','fix_the_login'); function fix_the_login($link){   return vibe_site_url( 'wp-login.php', 'login-post' );   }
    skaye23
    Participant
    Hi~ this is my credentials Username : skaye23 password : wjdtjrgks During this weekend, there happened an error on the website and the issue is still. Please double check it,  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I checked your site and fixed the login issue . For the site home url : Note that i just have added the code to fix the site url in the function that generates link on logo ,login widget area . The code does not interfere in wordpress home functionality . Please contact wpml support or author for this .
    skaye23
    Participant
    Hi~ Alex   When I check the frontpage, the page is displayed on frontpage and posts page.. I do not understand why the posts page is connected to the home URL. I did not fix it... You can see the details below   http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDhX0K19mM  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This issue occurs if you have selected any posts page in settings->reading->post page, refer: http://prntscr.com/b32n8j Please do not select any page there and then check.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘My password needs to be changed every time’ is closed to new replies.