Need to Limit Product Variations With Assingments

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Need to Limit Product Variations With Assingments

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    We need a way to limit a variation so we can sell a product to our customers that comes with the ability to submit assignments that will be marked, and a variation that will be the same course but without the assignments. Variation 1: Access to the course but no assignments Variation 2: Access to the course with assignments But right now every variation includes assignments. I have a plugin that lets me choose whether a badge or a certificate is included in a variation, but not an assignment. Please let me know if there is any code we can add on to fix this or if it is already a feature somewhere that needs to be enabled
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, This is not available in default wplms theme. You have to purchase wplms batches plugin for adding batch wise setting. Refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/different-curriculums-for-different-batches-in-a-course/ If you want to sale same course with different price, you can use wplms woocommerce plugin for that.
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi there, and thanks. We do have the WPLMS WooCommerce plugin to sell courses at different prices. But the problem is that WPLMS WooCommerce can only determine things like Certificate, Badge etc. I had a look at WPLMS BAtches, but I still do not see how this plugin can allow us to sell two versions of the course: one with Assignments and one without. I have not seen such option in the video tutorials for WPLMS Batches. Appreciate your help, regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, you have to make same course with two batches, one with units carrying assignment and one without assignment. After that you can sell or provide access of that course according to requirement.   Refer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_VlBNhfN_w  
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi, This does not seem like an appropriate solution, we do not want to be duplicating the course and this would not work with the product variations. Is there any code you can share with us to solve this problem?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, This will not duplicate the course, the course will be the same in this process and yes it will work with the variations also. You can connect the batch in the variation, now if a user purchases the variation with batch one and another user purchases the variation with batch 2 connected to it, then one will see the curriculum with only the units and another will see the curriculum with assignments in it (depending on which batch they are enrolled into). In the first reply we have shared the tutorial and as you can see there also the course is not duplicated but the curriculum is different for the same course.
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Thank you. I see. What is still unclear to me is how do I tell Batch 1 that is has Assignments and Batch 2 that it doesn't?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, You can add it in the batch description where students can read it or on the course page.  
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Sorry, perhaps I am not clear in my question. How do I, admin, configure Batch 1 to include Assignments and Batch 2 to not include them? Will the Batches plugin add an option when creating an Assignment, so we can set up individual assignments to be included in a batch but not the other? Cheers
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Sorry, I also got confused. The assignments are connected to the units and not to the batch. Using the wplms batches addon you can create different curriculum for the same course but the assignment cannot be created as it's connected with the unit. You'll have to duplicate the unit one with assignment and another without assignment then the wplms batches can be used to set different units in the curriculum for different batches.  
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    I see, now I understand! Thank you!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to Limit Product Variations With Assingments’ is closed to new replies.