New User Registration

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting New User Registration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CEDFeducation
    Participant
    Right now we have the registration touch points turned off for all uses.  But we still get a WordPress generated email for New User Registration.  (That's not bad.  We need something like this.)  Can we modify the contents of that email that comes to the site admin so that we include some additional fields such as  First and last name, city of residence, and perhaps the response to one of the demographic fields we created by customizing the registration form?  We need to do some things administratively with this info and it is troublesome for the site admin to have to start up WordPress and recover the extra info manually each time. Related to this, because the interaction of the WordPress User database, whatever database WPLMS uses and Buddy Press is very unclear to me, is there some way to run a routine report that extracts the full information from the registration form?  We've  tried an Export User Data plug in for Buddy Press but it doesn't seem to work properly. Thank you.
    CEDFeducation
    Participant
    Let me add a clarification. The critical data we need is in what you call the Profile Fields that we customized in WPLMS.  We have tried a number of WordPress and Buddy Press export plug ins but none of them successfully pick up these custom fields.  Are they being stored in a database that Users export tools don't seem to read?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    BuddyPress and WordPress although created and managed by same company have different email systems. The email on new user registration is from WordPress and WordPress by-default does not have any such information about the custom xprofile fields that you created. Yes, that you're asking is possible. Try pasting below code in child theme - functions.php, the "Field Name" needs to be replaced with your field name. add_filter('wp_new_user_notification_email_admin',function($email_vars,$user){ $email_vars['message'].= '\r\n User Profile Field Name ='.xprofile_get_field_data( 'Field Name', $user->id); return $email_vars; },10,2); WPLMS is built on top of BuddyPress. The BuddyPress also has a Export user data function in its GDPR settings which should help you out.
    CEDFeducation
    Participant
    Thank you for the suggestions. If I need to place three fields in the email do I just repeat the line of code three times like this (plus the other lines of code you provided)? $email_vars['message'].= '\r\n User Profile Field Name ='.xprofile_get_field_data( 'First', $user->id); $email_vars['message'].= '\r\n User Profile Field Name ='.xprofile_get_field_data( 'Last', $user->id); $email_vars['message'].= '\r\n User Profile Field Name ='.xprofile_get_field_data( 'City', $user->id);
    logan
    Hello, yes if these fields are set in the wp-admin >> users >> profile fields. then it will work.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘New User Registration’ is closed to new replies.