Newbie starting

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Newbie starting

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mvfs314
    Spectator
    Hi! First of all, I'm sorry if there is a post like this one. I purchased this theme and I've already worked a little with it - also with WordPress. I wanna create a math course (one single course/instructor), and these are my problems:
    1. Which server is a good one? Can I host my site at Amazon S3? Is it a good idea? Or just the media?
    2. If I decide to host the media at S3, my videos will be somehow secure? I mean, like JWPlayer or Vimeo Pro?
    3. As the course will be paid, is it necessary to have a plugin like Paid Membership Pro?
    4. Still about the videos: JWPlayer and Vimeo Pro are just players or they also host the video files?
    5. About WPLMS: do I have to upload all the lessons and units just at once or can I do it like: 1st week, 1st unit, 2nd week, 2nd unit etc.
    6. One more thing: is there a plugin which creates a vertical menu, like in the screenshot?
    Sorry for my English and thanks for any help :)
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . Wplms is a buddypress based theme ,so  a dedicated hosting would be sufficient it to work .But over all performance depends on how much users will be active on the site at a moment . For your private you cna upload theme on amazon S3 . Please refer : https://bp-tricks.com/buddypress-hosting/ 2. I would recommend you to go for the Vimeo pro account and then embed the videos using the iframes in your units . 3. Wocommerce would be sufficient if you do not have any complex structure for you course pricng . 4. Vimeo amazon hosts videos but genrally Jwplayer is just a player but it also has a hosting plan. 5. This is up to you in which way you want your students to pursue the course. 6. This is not available as of now but this style of header is coming up in the wplms version 2.0 soon .
    mvfs314
    Spectator
    Thank you! :D
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Newbie starting’ is closed to new replies.