No Edit in Admin bar

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues No Edit in Admin bar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    isigma
    Spectator
    It seem like turning frontend editor off in settings also hides WP Edit button on the Admin bar for courses. It is present for pages and posts though.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    No, the front end editor only disabled the front end editor, it does not impact any other thing. If you're checking buddypress directory or profile or group pages then it would not appear.
    isigma
    Spectator
    You're right, Front editor doesn't influence the Edit button. But it is not present on a single course page. If I can "View" the course from the backend, wouldn't it make sense to start editing course from it's own page as well? What hides the button then?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Check if you've hidden it for your profile : Wp Admin - users - Profile - Disable visual editor
    isigma
    Spectator
    Of course it is not hidden, as the button is present on posts' an pages' admin bar, but not on courses'.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please share admin credentials and your site url alongwith the steps to replicate the issue . PS: mark reply private while sharing info .
    isigma
    Spectator
    Ok, I'll come back to this issue after the project will be transferred from the localhost.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please note that the instructor can only edit the content that is created by them in wplms .and the edit option will be shown only on those pages in the admin bar in front end which are created by the that instructor
    isigma
    Spectator
    I want to come back to this topic, and ask if the our custom post type "course" is fully implemented/declared. Can you check on your demo issues which I have with courses in admin: - Admin->LMS->Courses: post Quick Edit doesn't open - Course Editing: Preview changes button opens up a previous revision, so in order to preview changes I have to save them first - Front-end course page: Admin bar has no button Edit Course If you have same results then we're having an issue, as editing courses requires a lot of extra movement.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    - Admin->LMS->Courses: post Quick Edit doesn't open Yep this is a known issue in vibe customtypes plugin . Will be fixed in the next update of vibe-customtypes plugin . - Course Editing: Preview changes button opens up a previous revision, so in order to preview changes I have to save them first Yep you need to save the changes first in the fornt end editor after that you can preview your current changes . - Front-end course page: Admin bar has no button Edit Course Still unable to replicate the issue . Please check if the author of the any content is instructor or not .Only  for the content created by the instructor will show the edit page option in the wp-admin bar.
    isigma
    Spectator
    Yep you need to save the changes first in the fornt end editor after that you can preview your current changes . But this makes impossible to check the results before posting them... I guess I can use VComposer, but I cannot force all my authors learn another 'feature' - VC. What is special in courses post type implementation, that blocks the preview ?   Only  for the content created by the instructor will show the edit page option in the wp-admin bar. Ok. I thought with admin(not the instructor of the course) I'd be able to edit it via the button... at least all other post types allow me to that. What is the neccesity of this restriction? If I am an admin, I can go to the back-end and edit a course. Why do we have to hide "Edit course" button on the admin bar from admin? It requires few exrta clicks to get to editing :)
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well that won't be possible as of now in wplms with the front end as of now.You need to save changes and then preview it  . If you want the traditional process of preview changes first and then save the changes then edit the content in backend  . For the edit button in the admin bar on course page . Note that the edit page link always appear for the admin accounts on the course home page . We are able to have the edit page link in the course home page . this would be really strange if admins are not seeing that edit page link .
    isigma
    Spectator
    well, but I am talking about the backend. In order to see recent changes via Preview button, I have to save it, unlike all other post types in WP. Sorry if I was not clear.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yep this seems to be an issue with just units  . unit preview is not working in the backend . Thanks for reporting this and will be fixed in the next update of wplms theme .
    isigma
    Spectator
    YES! fixed in 2.0.6.1
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘No Edit in Admin bar’ is closed to new replies.