No finish course button if there is no quiz in the course.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues No finish course button if there is no quiz in the course.

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    voodemy
    Spectator
    I created a course and didn't include any quiz in the course. After completing all the units I got stuck at the last unit bcoz there was no way to submit the course. Is it complusory that a course must have quiz in it ? What if i create a course which has no quiz and want users to take it, and finish the course without taking any quiz. At the end the user should get the course certificate.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    There is no such restriction in course. The course can be published and taken without any quiz. After completing all the units in the course, you need to click on finish button to finish/submit the course. If the course is set to auto evaluate then the course certificate is awarded just after user clicks on finish button, and if the course is manually evaluated then the user gets the certificate after the instructor has evaluated the course. If you want I can create a course without quiz on our demo site which you can check. Let me know if you want me to create such course on our demo site for you.
    voodemy
    Spectator
    I used you code to hide the finish course button untill every unit is completed. Now its not showing up when i take a course which has no quiz. Also how can a person get certificate if there is no quiz. Or how do we eveluate a quizless course automatically so that after completing all the units he should get a certificate automatically.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this tip needs the course progress on the course status page . Please enable the course progress on course status page from wp-admin -> wplms -> course manager-> show course progress :  http://prntscr.com/cyre74 Well please set the course to auto evaluate .In case of no quizzes the auto evaluate feature checks for the number of units which are mark completed by the user . If user have marked all the units complete then she will get full marks and eventually the certificate . refer : http://prntscr.com/cyrgr9
    voodemy
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I replicated the issue on my test setup. The issue is that the progress is not triggered when first unit is marked as complete and this is causing the issue. So I have marked this as a bug. Track: https://trello.com/c/FZfEmfc6
    voodemy
    Spectator
    I need to fix this. Please tell me how I can fix this issue with my site. I am on a tight schedule and really want this done asap. thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Update for this is releasing today .
    voodemy
    Spectator
    Okay cool. Is this a plugin update or the theme update.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This is the plugin update only. Vibe course module plugin.
    voodemy
    Spectator
    Thanks. The issue is resolved.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for confirming, so marking the topic as resolved and closing the topic.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘No finish course button if there is no quiz in the course.’ is closed to new replies.