Not WORKING Enable Course Duration from Start Course for 3.9.9 and v4

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Not WORKING Enable Course Duration from Start Course for 3.9.9 and v4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    kenetork
    Participant
    Hi, I just tested this 1 day ago, and I should still have 3o days available, and nothing, I am having 29days today, si this s not working and I justselected and clicked that feature in the theme, please help I even sent a campaign about this telling it will just start running the days after clicking thhe button I even as you about this and now i am having complaints already from my users, please see: https://prnt.sc/1xe8bje Do I need to do somethingdifferent for this feeature to work? you can see it here: https://prnt.sc/1xe8gpn BTW as a side note: for this user i resetetd the duretion for 0 days more, is this fone, or will this work only if the user is completely new and never got inside the ouurse? please explain this to me so I can be clear.I mean like completely removing the user and then re adding him afer I checked that feature, right? thanks!
    Veronica
    hi it is working on local please provide details so we can check this on your site too
    kenetork
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    kenetork
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well yes the time will continue to decrease until the user hits the start course button . We also handled the scenario where the whole duration gets expired for the user . Suppose a user purchased a course for a week but she has not started it until 2 weeks . But when she will open the course the duration will show expired but the course button will show "start course" since we have put a check on the button in such a case . then when she starts course only then the course duration will be adjusted for her . then if you check in course admin it should show correct duration according to course .
    kenetork
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    so they will never see an expired course button if the have never pressed start course, right? Yes because you enabled the feature start course duration from start course . the feature label already indicated what it does , it adjusts the duration when user starts the course. It will let the course expired for everyone also for the student but when user will land on course home page they will see start course button since they did not started the course . IF the duration(the expired label) confuses the student for such a case then we can remove the duration to the user until they starts the course ? what about this?
    kenetork
    Participant
    This sounds great: IF the duration(the expired label) confuses the student for such a case then we can remove the duration to the user until they starts the course ? what about this? But if you told me the will never see the "expired course" label which expired time will the student see? can you send me a screenshot for this? Where they could see it? You mean on v 3.9.9 or v4? And for sure i prefer the user can't see the time going down but only start to go down after they cleick the button, could you do that, in and update or add a custom code for that? Explain me that please and if yes I think is amazing so the student never gets confused. Thanks Alex!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    But if you told me the will never see the “expired course” label which expired time will the student see? can you send me a screenshot for this? Where they could see it? You mean on v 3.9.9 or v4? I meant this button : https://prnt.sc/1y259ao However the time will show expired : https://prnt.sc/1y25eya but user will be able to start course like this : https://prnt.sc/1y25hyg We can remove the time itself but could not adjust it for the user at the moment .
    kenetork
    Participant
    OH, so well they will always see the Start course label, but sadly they can see their time passing by, so we could remove that time for them, right not for the admin? And will they see the remaining time for them inside the course? I mean I need them to know how long they have but, yes I prefer they never see the timae passing buy on the outside but on the inde the course so they know how long they have. Is all this possible to do now? which code do I need to add on css or what? let me know. thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes we can check if user has once started the course they will began to see their time again . until before after purchase course and before start they wont see the time remaining on the course home page with the custom code we will provide .
    kenetork
    Participant
    Yes please give me that code for WPLMS v3.9.9 and v4 sp I can add it to make this work. Please explain me as well where to add it. Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please add this given code in wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin at the end of the file:
    add_action('wplms_course_details_widget',function($details,$id){
        if(!class_exists('WPLMS_tips')){
            return $details;
        }
        $tips = WPLMS_tips::init();
        if(isset($tips) && isset($tips->settings) && !empty($tips->settings['calculate_course_duration_from_start_course'])){
            $status = bp_course_get_user_course_status(get_current_user_id(),$id);
            if(!empty($status) && $status > 2){
                unset($details['time']);
            }
        }
        return $details;
    },999999999,2);
    kenetork
    Participant
    Will this work for both versions 3.9.9 and v4 without issues? did you test this on both? Thanks
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Not WORKING Enable Course Duration from Start Course for 3.9.9 and v4’ is closed to new replies.