Only show comment to admin, instructors and comment author

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Only show comment to admin, instructors and comment author

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rileydong
    Participant
    Hi, I find the comment section very useful to my students. However, is there a way to not show comments to everyone who visits the page? I would like to show the comments only to admins, instructors and the comment author. And if possible, only after use has clicked "make it public", the comment can be seen by everyone.   PS: As for how to use the comment function, is there a tutorial video that I can show my students?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please confirm if you are talking about the unit comments ? in units comments this is possible in case of per paragraph feature for comments in units in course status page . Please enable per paragraph from wplms -> course manager -> Notes and Discussion styles
    rileydong
    Participant
    Yes, I was talking about the unit comments. I will give that a try.
    rileydong
    Participant
    Hi Alex, I have turned on the per paragraph commenting in the <span style="font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 15.4px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 20.02px;">Notes and Discussion styles</span>. My question is how to hide one user's comments from other user. When I leave a comment on a paragraph in the unit, everyone can see the comment. Is there a way to only show the comment to its composer?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I think you are missing something. Please note the admin and the instructors can see everyone's comment, but student can see only his comment by default and cannot see other student's comment. If a student make his comment public (http://prntscr.com/abeknw) only then other student can see his comment. This feature is already in per paragraph comments by default. Refer the video below, in the video there are two students and an admin. video: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDehi11ICq In the video you can see that the student can see only his comment, student2 can see only his comment and admin can see all three comments. This is by default but if the student make his comment public then everyone can see the comment.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Only show comment to admin, instructors and comment author’ is closed to new replies.