Outdated Visual Composer Design Option

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Outdated Visual Composer Design Option

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    RMA
    Spectator
    I keep updating by repeatedly receive this message. "You have an outdated version of Visual Composer Design Options. It is required to review and save it." I purchased and upgraded the new "Visual Composer" but still get the same message. I think the "design option" is WPLMS- Vibe theme issue. Is there an updated version to install. RMA
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We are using TGMPA library for the plugin installation only for the installation of visual composer . Plugin update notices are generated by the plugins only not the theme . So please try contacting visual composer plugin support or author .
    RMA
    Spectator
    Hello Here is what the developer stated. I don't see a tab to be able update and save. <div class="media__body -align-center -basis-30"> <p class="t-body -weight-bold h-remove-margin">RaitisSevelis <span class="e-text-label -color-grey -size-s"> Author Team </span></p> </div> <div class="media__body -align-center"> <div class="js-comment-tools comment__meta">Hi, it seems that your theme author disabled <span class="hilight">Design</span> <span class="hilight">Options</span>– I would recommend asking your theme author on how to enable it so you can re-<span class="hilight">save</span> <span class="hilight">Design</span> <span class="hilight">Options</span> settings.</div> </div> <div class="js-comment-tools comment__meta"></div> <div class="js-comment-tools comment__meta">Please advise</div>  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The visual composer is added in the theme as it is. We haven't customized it or even touched it. Please check your visual composer version once.
    RMA
    Spectator
    When this message first came up a few months ago, we alerted vibe theme but did not get a resolution. We recently purchased an updated version thinking it would to alleviated the issues but that did not help. We have now disabled but the message remains.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Unfortunately Visual composer support is incorrect in stating that the theme has modified the code. Try deleting the visual composer plugin and see if the notification goes away. Just for clarification can you also share a screenshot of the issue.
    RMA
    Spectator
    Thanks. I deleted VCP and the message disappeared. I am now worried that something will not work. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    No you don't have to worry about it. Because it was a bug from the visual composer only and not from the theme. Marking the topic as resolved. Please let me know if I can close this topic.
    info2grow
    Spectator
    This problem is still happening.  I contacted Visual Composer and they said it has nothing to to with them either and to switch to another theme and save your design options and then switch back.  I did this last time and it worked but I'd rather not have my clients public facing site go all strange with another theme while users are taking a course. This is the url for the design options page. /wp-admin/admin.php?page=vc-color
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @infor2grow : Please create new topics for new issues, posting replies in resolved issue may lead to ignoring of your comments as the issue is already marked resolved. We've including VC as it is, without any edits or changes. However, you're correct the url is also not opening in our test sites. /wp-admin/admin.php?page=vc-color Which version has this been added, we are using the latest version of VC, refer: http://prntscr.com/avsde2 This issue is not related to wplms.
    info2grow
    Spectator
    We are running Version 4.11.2.1 Unfortunately the plugin author is saying the fault is with the theme and the theme author is saying its the fault of the plugin. As a developer/customer this is how I feel:
    • If the theme developer includes the plugin in their theme they should support its continued functionality with that theme.
    • Also if the plugin developer claims this is a "PAGE BUILDER FOR ANY WORDPRESS THEME" then they should also make an effort to ensure that statement as challenging as that may be.
    Not sure what to do at this point except suggest that Vibe and WPBakery could figure this out together fairly quickly rather than our having to hack something together that is not sustainable.  We have purchased multiple licenses of Visual Composer due to it's inclusion in WPLMS so both parties benefit from the relationship. Also it's worth mentioning that we love both products and appreciate the effort that goes into them! :) Thanks
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    @info2grow : That is exactly how Visual composer support responds. We have an unresolved ticket from February 8 2016. The VC support is clearly mistaken when they claim that the theme is altering VC design options. Unfortunately, neither the feature nor the plugin you want is provided or developed by us. Trust me when we say that the plugin is included as it is, the Visual composer plugin is included in the wplms/plugins folder   I will try to check the js_composer plugin code (which very much totally outside the scope of  support for this theme and should have been handled by the VC support staff  ) and share updates.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Found the issue. VC recommends a code to hide the "Please activate Visual composer notification" as stated in their doc Now, apparently this code also hides the design options in Visual composer Fix : a. Go to WP Admin - Themes - Editor b. Locate file init.php c. Locate the line : add_action( 'vc_before_init', array($this,'wplms_vcSetAsTheme' )); d. Delete it e. Save. And you will see the design options in your VC settings. If Visual composer recommends this code, don't you think it should be the first response of their support staff to check this code, or at the very least tell you to contact us if we have used this code, instead we had to start checking visual composer code and all our code to get to this. Hope this helps.  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Alternate fix : (After studying Visual composer code) add_filter('vc_settings_page_show_design_tabs','wplms_display_design_options');    function wplms_display_design_options($x){return true;}   Also added in tomorrow's update.
    info2grow
    Spectator
    Thanks sooooo much guys! I realize there are valid reasons for both parties to say it's out of scope for them so we really appreciate the effort to address this from the folks at Vibe Themes!!! It worked btw :)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Outdated Visual Composer Design Option’ is closed to new replies.