overload on IMAP server

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting overload on IMAP server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    I have a lot of problems with the quiz. During the exams, several of the students came to send their answers, but when reviewing their results the exam appears blank. The exam was submitted, but no response was uploaded. Consulting the hosting provider, he tells me that at that time there was an overload on the server, the answer was:   It is showing me as imap creating the huge load on the server: /php-cgi /home3/xxx/public_html/xxxxxx/learning/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php xxxxx 829814  0.0  0.0  42220  5440 ?        S    11:46   0:00 dovecot/imap 
    Diana
    Participant
    Resources consumption depends upon a lot of factors and one of the factors here is how many questions are submitted at a particular time It would be better if you perform tests on how many questions would be sufficient for how many students for your server resources at a time before going ahead for the final exam. Break your quizzes into two to three parts like Test Paper 1, Test Paper 2 If you will include 30 questions in an exam and like 500+ users are giving that same exam. Then Obviously, it will put a lot of load on server
    It doesn't seem like a lot of overhead to me. The exams are 30 questions, and are solved by a maximum of 40 students simultaneously.
    Diana
    Participant
    okay, please share a screen recording of the issue and do share your site URL with admin credentials so I can replicate the same in a private reply
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘overload on IMAP server’ is closed to new replies.