page load time: action=wplms_get_signon_security

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting page load time: action=wplms_get_signon_security

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Team, Could one of you help me understand why my site is so slow. I have a ton of plugins of course but GT's waterfall shows I'm loosing 4secs on: action=wplms_get_signon_security Is there something easy I could change to speed this up? (and yes, caching etc is in place - most files are minified (where it causes problems I disable it) and the biggest problem is of course the defer parsing of js scripts which you are addressing in v4 with React) All that said, not being an expert in this, it seems that only 3 different Ajax calls give me a big load penalty. If you could advise, I would appreciate it. thanks
    fdittmar
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    ok, your site's speed can be easily increased by enabling minification of scripts. Install any plugin like WP rocket or W3TC and enable CSS and javascript minification. It is going to have a huge impact, your speed score for sure will increase to 90+ What i can see is that while your site is pretty fast, all admin-ajax.php hits are taking a lot of time : https://prnt.sc/snd15x https://prnt.sc/snd1k5 one of which is wplms_signon_security , which is required for the ajax login which you enabled in WP Admin - WPLMS - BuddyPress - Login There are two ways to address this. a. Eliminate admin-ajax calls, all of them can be removed. at some costs. b. Find out reason why admin-ajax is slow. requires time and research which component of your server is slow. [PHP connection pool or mysql connections] . -- While deferring of javascript is a front end measure, what really benefits in v4.0 is the browser cache for each hit, you reload the same screen multiple times and there is only 1 hit which will go to the system and caches in the browser.
    fdittmar
    Participant
    @MrVibe I have tried multiple JS minifications but unfortunately I'm getting various issues every time. On my last attempt (using SG Optimizer) speed increases but it breaks the display in the Course Drive output. Every time I minify, something does not work (and I think the site loads 50+ .min.js already). It's very difficult for me to work out what to exclude so I usually revert. Given that the logon security & eventon come with wplms I thought there might be something wrong that I wasn't aware of but from your note I think that's not the case. I will prob wait another few weeks until v4 and then test that before embarking on further research. I really appreciate you taking the time to check. Thanks
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    This is a common issue with minifiers, we use WP Rocket and it is totally worth the money they charge for it. Course drive is BuddyDrive and it posts the javascript template in the html , so you can not minify HTML because of this.  
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘page load time: action=wplms_get_signon_security’ is closed to new replies.