Partial Marking System for WPLMS

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request Partial Marking System for WPLMS

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pacworks
    Spectator
    I have ran into the situation where I desperately need a partial marking system and feel like there may be a lot of WPLMS users who could benefit from this as well. Currently, using the match question type as an example, instructors can only assign marks for the match question as a whole. So, a match question type containing 5 questions to match answers to can be assigned 20 marks. If a student mismatches any of those 5 questions, the student loses all 20 marks. I am proposing a feature to be able to assign marks to each element or question within a match question type. That way, if a students has a match question type containing 5 questions to match answers to, an instructor could assign 4 marks to each question for a total of 20 marks. If a students mismatches 2 of the 5 questions, they would only lose 8 points instead of the full 20 points. This scenario could apply to any question type with multiple answers. Another recommendation I have regarding the marking system is to allow instructors to assign a decimal value to each question. Last time I checked, instructors could only assign an integer value for the marks a question was worth.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The only reason why we do not support partial marking is because technically integer numbering can be easily verified and consumes less memory, whereas when it comes to floating point numbers the memory consumption shoots up exponentially. This can impact the time consumed during calculations and affect the overall scalability of the app. The only way we would recommend is to use integer numbering. like 2 out of 4 marks is better than 0.5 out of 1 mark. At this point, you can reevaluate already evaluated quizzes and change the scoring and then again mark them as evaluated.
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Thank you for the reply. That makes sense for using integers instead of decimals for marking. Could it be possible that a future update contain the ability to assign marks as integer values for each element or question within a match question type, multiple correct question type, or multiple fill in the blank question type? That way, if a certain element or question is wrong, but the rest are correct, the student only looses points based on that single element or question instead of the question as a whole. Does that make since? If not, please look at this screenshot. It is a single match question type with multiple questions with answers to match. I would like to assign marks to each of those questions so if a student answers one wrong, they just lose marks for that question, instead of the whole matching section. You may have answered that question in your second paragraph as that sound similar to what I am looking for terms of assigning partial marks ( 2 out of 4). It would just be nice if this could be a feature of auto scoring instead of relying on manual scoring to achieve this.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thanks, we've added this to our planned list. refer topic. :https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/partial-marking
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Partial Marking System for WPLMS’ is closed to new replies.