Permalinks

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Permalinks

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vasti123
    Participant
    Hi There, I posted on Facebook twice about the permalinks that keep resetting or something.  It is quite embarrassing because my students think the site is down at least twice a week. Today i noticed it at 07.30 am (SA time), it happened yesterday morning as well (hence the facebook post.   Please could we do something to try and figure out why it happens, can you not debug my  site or something?   Please please please assist. This is not an intermittent problem.  It happens all the time.
    vasti123
    Participant
    It happened again today....
    vasti123
    Participant
    It happened again today! Please help
    logan

Hey fella,

if you search over the internet then you will see, it happens with the Wordpress itself. this could happen anytime like while updating theme or plugin, third-party plugins, cache plugins, changes in htaccess files, etc.

WordPress is a powerful CMS. Sometimes a slight tweak can make your website inaccessible. Another common problem that most WordPress users face at some point is WordPress posts returning a 404 Error.

Fixing WordPress posts returning 404 error

Usually, in this scenario, a user can access their WordPress admin area, their blog’s main page, but when accessing a single post they get a 404 Not found error. First of all, don’t panic most of the time your posts are still there and completely safe. This usually happens if your .htaccess file got deleted or something went wrong with the rewrite rules. What you need to do is fix your permalinks settings.

i went to wp-admin -> setting -> permalinks and saved it.

voila, it's done.

Mk
    vasti123
    Participant
    Hi There   Thanks, I fix it every time it happens, my question is why does it keep happening. Also when it happens it is only the page that is suppose to load after clicking continue course.  All the other pages are working fine.
    Mk
    create a new course status page and check, maybe it is due to slug naming. Create a new page called pursue course. (slug will be pursue-course) set its template to course start page. then go to wp-admin-> wplms-> course manager and set course status page to pursue course 
    If still issue exist please reply.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Permalinks’ is closed to new replies.