private course

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches private course

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    anarelvas
    Spectator
    My goal: to create a private course that is not visible to not logged users or logged users unless they are enrolled in this course batch. I created and published a course and created a batch. I chose Hidden batch but I am not sure it’s correct. I published the course but the result is not what I wanted.
    1. The course is visible in the home page for a not logged user. How can I prevent this from happening?

2. How do I send a link to the students so they register and enrol that batch?

3. What is the difference between private and hidden batch?

Thanks! Ana  

H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... You can create private courses and no users can enroll in it but they will be visible in the all courses page. If you want to completely hide courses from the website then please add that course in the wplms->course manager->hide course from directory. ----------------- If you set a batch to hidden then no users can see that batch and cannot enroll in it. In the hidden batch only the batch moderator or the admin can manually add users to the batch. In private batch the users can see the batch and then they can click on request button to join the batch, but the moderator or the admin will have to accept the request otherwise the users will not be enrolled in it. So in your case you need to create private batches instead of hidden batches.
    anarelvas
    Spectator
    Hi! Thanks a lot! It's more clear now. The only thing I am not being able to do is to figure out how do I send a link to a user to enrol a private batch of a course hidden from the website. When I test sending a batch link to a user, my browser automatically logs with my administrator account. In short, I send an email to the student asking him to 1. Register in the website 2. Enrol the specific batch. How do I do this? All the best, Ana
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... You'll have to manually send the email to users for this, right now there is no such feature where the users can select the batches during the registration process. But its already in our planned features and it will be available in wplms update to select batches in registration form.
    anarelvas
    Spectator
    Hi! I don't mind send it manually...my question is which link should I send them so they enroll the batch. Where do I get the link? Thanks! Ana
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    If the batch is set to private then, You can directly add the student in the course via course admin area, then you can send the course link to them so that they can join the batch connected to it. If the batch is set to hidden then you'll have to manually add the students to the batch from batch->manage->members.
    anarelvas
    Spectator
    Hi! Thanks! But I am still struggling. So, I've created a course, I’ve hidden it from the course list, and defined that "Students must be enrolled in a Batch to pursue this course". I created private batches. The course is free (it’s not free, it’s paid by an organization-client)…this is just a work around so the organization can enrol students. What is happening is that depending how the student enrols the batch, it is automatically approved or not and in both cases has access to the course (as illustrated in image) https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xpeqk9cz1onjyf/batch-enrol.png?dl=0 Shouldn’t the student just have access after the approval? Thanks Ana
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... Please check if you have enabled the course subscribe setting in lms or not, if not then please enable it, refer: http://prntscr.com/fki5ag
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘private course’ is closed to new replies.