Problem of creating course bundle at front-end

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Problem of creating course bundle at front-end

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    wailokcc
    Blocked
    Action: I tried to create a course bundle at front-end. What I have done is that I connected Course A with Product A ($100), and then connected Course B with Product A at front-end. When I check Course A at both front-end and back-end, the course is associating with Product A. However, when I check Product A at both front-end and back-end, I found that this product is associating with Course B only. When I buy Course A, the website redirected me to Product A which only includes Course B and costs $100. However, When I buy Course B, the website allowed me to enter to it for free. Problems:
    1. It seems that connecting a course with a product at front-end will override the previous associated courses of that product.

2. Unknown issue for course pricing.

wailokcc
    Blocked
    This reply has been marked as private.
    logan

Hi there,

Course bundles are available in WPLMS. example :

Follow these steps to create a course bundle :

a. Go to WP Admin - Products - Add new

b. Create a new product and add the bundle description.

c. Connect the courses you want in the bundle.

d. Set the pricing for the product.

e. Publish the product.

Now anyone who purchases the product gets subscribed to all the courses connected to the product.

wailokcc
    Blocked
    The problem is on the front-end course bundle creation. I created a product "p1" with 3 courses "Software Training", "Developing Mobile Apps", and "How to write effectively" at front-end using the interface as below. But the product "p1" includes the course "How to write effectively" only as below.
    Ava
    Hi Wailokcc It is not available in the frontend, so you have to add this only from backend.    
    wailokcc
    Blocked
    If it is not available in the frontend, this becomes a bug, because the button "SELECT EXISTING PRODUCT" allows instructors to connect existing products and overwrite their associated courses at front-end.   For example, if instructors link an existing product to 2 courses (no matter intentionally or accidentally), both course prices will be the same as the product (£200) as below.   But students will NOT be able to buy the course anymore. When they try to buy the course "Software Training", they will be redirected to the product, which only included the course "How to develop MAC apps". Therefore, I suggest that:
    1. Connecting existing products at frontend should not overwrite their previous courses (Best way); or
    2. The frontend course editor should not allow selecting products with associated courses; or
    3. The button "Selecting existing product" should be hidden from the frontend course editor, but dummy products cannot be reused anymore.
    Ava
    Hi Wailokcc What you are saying is right. And we have created Course bundle so that a 2-4 course can be bundled together as per the convenience. The feature you are saying in not possible as if now, but you can create feature request, so that we can consider in future.
    wailokcc
    Blocked
    Thank you. I have created a feature request for this: link Before developing the new feature, would you suggest any workaround to mitigate the above issue? If it is recommended to hide the button, would you please provide me the code to hide it?
    Ava
    Hi You can hide the button using the Below Custom Code Css, Paste the code to Wp-admin > Appearance > Customization > Custom Css > publish #change_forum.row .col-md-6:first-child .more{ display:none !important; }  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I see that you have left a 3 star rating for this which is very unfortunate as rating the whole product based on a single request is not justified. What you need is a simple fix. The above credentials are not working so I could not attempt it on your site. http://prntscr.com/m0uo7j
    wailokcc
    Blocked
    Thank you for your prompt action. The rating has been updated to 5 star. I have changed the code as you suggested. Then I tried to connect multiple courses to a product but they cannot be associated correctly. I have updated the credential in case you have to test it. Besides, it is inconvenient that no email notifies me for the follow-up replies even I have subscribed the topics.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please share your ftp credentials in private reply to check rectify this ,
    wailokcc
    Blocked
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    wailokcc
    Blocked
    Thank you for your help. This problem is solved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem of creating course bundle at front-end’ is closed to new replies.