Problem with contact form submit

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Problem with contact form submit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    satishjalan
    Spectator
    Wordpress Version: 4.4 Site URL: http://sjc.co.in/ Hi, I am using WPLMS default theme with a basic child theme. Submitting at APPLY FOR INSTRUCTOR area always returning Unable to send message! Please try again later.. message. In Contact Us page in the other hand, Send Message button cannot be clicked after filling up the form. I have compared shortcodes for both the forms and submit button shortcode is same for both of them. Can you please guide me to find out the solution to this issue? Regards, Satish Jalan
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please edit your contact page in back end and find the page builder block that have the from and provide a valid email in it to which the email is to b sent . refer : http://prntscr.com/9kk7bl Same goes for the home page apply as instructor form .
    satishjalan
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, I am using the following code for home page form:
    [form to="[email protected]" subject="Call Back"] [form_element type="text" validate="required" options="" placeholder="Name"] [form_element type="text" validate="email" options="" placeholder="Email"] [form_element type="text" validate="phone" options="" placeholder="Phone"] [form_element type="submit" validate="" options="" placeholder="Apply"] [/form]
    Following the code of form in contact us page:
    [heading]Send us a message[/heading] [form to="[email protected]" subject="Contact from WPLMS"] [form_element type="text" validate="" options="" placeholder="Name"] [form_element type="text" validate="email" options="" placeholder="Email"] [form_element type="select" validate="required" options="CA, CS, CMA, Other" placeholder= "    Purpose"] [form_element type="textarea" validate="" options="" placeholder="Message"] [form_element type="captcha" validate="" options="" placeholder=""] [form_element type="submit" validate="" options="" placeholder="Send Message"] [/form]
    Both the cases, the system waits for some time showing a Sending Mail ... message for a few moments & then shows a failure message Unable to send message! Please try again later... If you want to check, I can create a admin login for you & shall share the details. Regards, Satish Jalan
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok  please check your mail settings . 1. goto your settings ->general and check if you haev provided any email address there ? http://prntscr.com/9lvnyh Try installing the wp-mandrill plugin .
    satishjalan
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, I have installed and activated wp-mandrill plugin and also completed the domain verification part, but in wp admin panel, a message is generated:
    <span style="color: #444444; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px;">Mandrill: wp_mail has been declared by another process or plugin, so you won't be able to use Mandrill until the problem is solved.</span>
    I have also another issue which is also being addressed by you. I have created a admin id in my site, through which you may check both the problems. -- Satish Jalan
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please share site url and admin credentials to check the issue at your end . Ps: mark reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    satishjalan
    Spectator
    Site URL: http://sjc.co.in/ Login URL: http://sjc.co.in/wp-admin Username: wplms Password: 5iSxA0Aa39N
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    this seems to be a conflict of wp-mandrill plugin with other third party plugins . Please try deactivating the other third party plugins at once and check the email again . Also please create and account on mandrill-app and provide and api key in settings -> mandrill .
    satishjalan
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, I figured out the conflicting plugin & removed it from the system. I also put the API key for mandrill. When I am sending a test mail from mandrill setting panel, it is working properly, but when a form is submitted from the front end it is not going out - provides the same error message:
    Unable to send message! Please try again later...
    Kindly look at the matter. I have already provided you a admin login details. -- Satish Jalan
    satishjalan
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Ftp details you asked for: Host: sjc.co.in Username: wplms Password: ysK8Q'L}VN Regards, Manas Mitra
    satishjalan
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Kindly ignore the previous mail as it contains wrong information. Ftp details you asked for: Host: ftp.sjc.co.in Username: [email protected] Password: ysK8Q'L}VN Regards, Manas Mitra
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    YOu site is still not working , Maybe due to some customization in your child or php memory limit Please contact your webhost to increase the php memory limit on the server itself in the php.ini file . Also update the increased php memory limit from wp-config.php file .
    satishjalan
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, The site is working now. I had a talk with my hosting provider. They asked to disable the plugins. I disabled all the plugins and the site immediately started working. Then I started activating all the plugins one by one. I activated all the plugins except W3 Total Cache. I shall activate it later. The problem with forms (Contact form & Request a call back) is still there - cannot send the forms. Kindly check the problem at your earliest. -- Satish Jalan
    Anton
    Spectator
    hi. problem with update in WP 4.4.1 see same problem: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/form-not-working-after-441-wordpress-update
    satishjalan
    Spectator
    Hi Anton, The specific thread you referred is related to the plugin Contact Form 7 not entirely to WordPress 4.1.1 release. Also in the same thread, you may find another link to wordpress.org support forum [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/read-this-first-wordpress-44-master-list?replies=7&view=all#post-7857957] - in this thread, you may find that there is no mention of any mail related issue due to the upgradation. In your mentioned thread, you may also find that a number of participants also found a workaround related to Contact Form 7. Kindly refer to another popular plugin - Caldera. You may find in the plugin page, that this plugin was last updated 2 months back, long before wordpress upgradation to 4.4.1 & till date there is no issue reported in their support page. Also I want to mention that as per the recommendation from Alex, I installed and configured WpMandrill plugin properly. I can even successfully send test e-mail from mandrill control panel, but not from the contact forms through the site. It clearly indicates that Wordpress upgrade is not liable for the malfunction - but the problem lies within the theme itself. I request you to look after the matter without further delay and provide me a solution. Regards, Satish Jalan
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with contact form submit’ is closed to new replies.