Profile field visibility Name

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Profile field visibility Name

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    Hello how can i give the user the control on His name in Profile field visibility some users not need any one know his name as a private information no options for Profile field visibility in Name field Thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes you can set it from wp-admin -> users -> profile fields : http://prntscr.com/pmw21o The result : http://prntscr.com/pmw1c8
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    But the Name field not have this option
    Mk
    The name field is the default field there is no option available for it to set the visibility. we can hide it by custom code. but it will be for everyone. or can be handled by yourself only.
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    i want the name field hide by default  to everyone , appear only to the users
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    3 days without reply ??
    Diana
    Participant
    This may not be possible because the name field is the primary field in BuddyPress. It is used in many places and unlike regular fields where you can set privacy levels, the name field privacy levels do not apply. This is a buddypress limitation as of now. The name field is used by buddypress to generate the WordPress username which is a primary field in the WP_Users table. The only solution, I can give is to hide via CSS, every field has its id and you will find a class field_XX ( where xx is the id of the field) on the buddypress generated blocks.
    Diana
    Participant
    An alternate is to use our WPLMS Custom registration form. Create a custom registration form and we have an option to hide the name field, we do this by submitting a hidden form field which adds name same as email. The user can change the name from his profile later on.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Profile field visibility Name’ is closed to new replies.