Quiz answers submitted as comments

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Quiz answers submitted as comments

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jmu289
    Participant
    Hi, for some reason everytime a quiz is submitted the answer is saved as a comment in my wordpress backend. For example, if the user selects answer option 1 on a question and submits the quiz it will show up as a "1" in the comment section of my backend. I realized I had thousands of comments on my backed that were just the numbers 1 through 4 (because I only give 4 answer otpions) is the theme supposed to work like this? If not, how do I disable this? thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes this is how it works, we save all the answers as a comment in the wordpress.
    jmu289
    Participant
    What will happen if I delete the comments? And will this big down my site if I have thousands of comments?   thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    If you delete the comments then the answers of the user will be deleted. No there will be no effect if there are thousands of comments.
    stef
    Spectator
    Hi, I do not know if this is the best solution. Do you think it will not reduce the speed? I have almost 29,000 comments in my blog. thanks st
    stef
    Spectator
    Hi, I have put the code in wplms cusm. to hide the answer. In comments section (admin) the answers are not there. However in the list of comment (widget), it still there. thanks st
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The code actually manipulates the display of the comment in the backend but its not for the widget. The better solution will be to not use widget in this case.  
    stef
    Spectator
    Hi, I think this is not good. We want to display the comment from the users. With many students took the course, then practically the recent comments widget is useless. Please give another code to remove the answer from the comments list widget. thanks st
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Sorry right now its not available in wplms. You can try using some third party plugin which shows the comments from the custom post types.
    stef
    Spectator
    Do you know what kind of third party can do such thing? thank st
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Sorry I don't know about it as I have not used any such plugin. You can try searching in wordpress directory or codecanyon.
    jackal
    Spectator
    Storing quiz results as a comments is confusing! I hope you solve this issue! or maybe  cancel the current quiz function to replace it with another plugin! We might find a lot of quiz plugins but it will not be integrated with WPLMS!
    stef
    Spectator
    I agree. I like wplms. But storing quiz in comment is not a good idea in my opinion.   Why not creating your own table? Thanks St
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... Thanks for suggestions, but wordpress tables are much faster as the wordpress does an internal caching of its tables.  
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Quiz answers submitted as comments’ is closed to new replies.