Quiz timer reset when page is refreshed

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Quiz timer reset when page is refreshed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sirajcmr
    Spectator
    Hi, We just noticed that a user is able to refresh the quiz page by pressing F5 key or simply by using refresh button and the timer of the quiz is going back to the default duration. This is allowing the user to "All the time in the world" to answer questions. Is there a way we can enforce the quiz timer even if the user simply refresh it. Regards
    sirajcmr
    Spectator
    We have more than 100 students from whole country. As they are all on remote places we have no way to monitor except going through their activity logs, which is really time consuming when you have so many students. May I know this issue happening only with us or is this happening to all? Regards
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    No it is not what you're seeing. Try to reload the form without submitting the values and you'll see the correct timer. There are 2 timers working when you start a quiz. 1. Javascript timer 2. The php server based timer. The javascript timer can be easily fooled by resubmitting the start quiz form or simply by editing the timer values. However, the php timer would not reset its value once started. So the timer would expire at the same time when it was started the javasccript timer would be showing incorrect values in such case.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    We're checking this issue... If you open the quiz in a new tab the issue would not occur because the actual timer is maintained by the server.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Is caching enabled in your site ? We have two test sites and this issue occurs in the site with caching enabled.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    In one of our test setup I found that when  the user refresh the page then the retake counts of the user is reduced, so it effects the course retake and if they refresh many times there retakes will be lost and they will not be able to retake the quiz again.
    sirajcmr
    Spectator
    Hi, Thank you for trying to replicate rhe issue. <span style="line-height: 1.5;">,Here my test site is on wpengine and  they have always their own caxhing enabled. I will have a further check tomorrow but I did see this issue on multiple cases. May be the issue happening only in our setup. Not sure. </span> If you try n see. Soemtime you can replicate this in Incourse quiz as well.. if you have a test setup, pls have a test n see whether it happens. Please let me me know ur finding. Regards    
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
      Yes this is an issue because everytime I refresh the page my retakes increases. I have also added this issue in the issue log, trello: https://trello.com/c/gUunSyu5
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Quiz timer reset when page is refreshed’ is closed to new replies.