Re ordering courses

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Re ordering courses

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hantaah
    Participant
    I have added a post / page re ordering plugin and reordered them but this does not seem to make any difference to the courses that are added in the home page and all courses page.   These are there via the page builder and although there are ordering options such as most recent, random etc there is no option for asc / desc as i would like to choose desc. Is there a hook or filter or anything whereby I can add to this option or change the current order of them?   www.muslimahwebdesign.co.uk/lookovermyshoulder
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Wplms already have order attribute in courses to sort them in the order you want on the all courses page . For the course carousel on the home page you can set the order to be "Recently published" and set the publish date accordingly to sort them in order that you want .
    hantaah
    Participant
    yes but as I stated the order option do not cover desc / ascending   So I want them to order from oldest to newest or if not then a custom order?
    hantaah
    Participant
    I've ordered all my courses but they are not in the order I have ordered them because I guess that is being overidden by the choice that needs to be selected when added the courses to the page and the only options available are:   Recently published Most students Highest rattes Most reviews Random   So How do I get them to display the order that is set in the courses pages?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    No the order does not applies when any of  the dorpdown options are slelected
    hantaah
    Participant
    But you have to select something. There is no option to not choose an option (if you know what I mean)   So Can you tell me what I need to do to get it working with my custom order? I do not mind heavy alterations.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Sorry this cannot be possible in wplms as of now . Order does not apply when some option is selected in the dropdown but when nothing is selected in the dropdown above and the dropdown is set to "Select Order"  then the order works .
    hantaah
    Participant
    well that would be fine if I could do that however I am not able to do it as the only option as (see attached image) so I can only choose from them. "select order" is not there. I wnt none of those options I want my custom option so please tell me where I can make this possible?   If there is no way around it then let me know where and what to hard code.    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    YOu can try the option in the post grid to enter specific post ids to show the courses and change the publish date of these courses according to order. refer : http://prntscr.com/8yjmsz the course which have the most old publish date will show last  .
    hantaah
    Participant
    Yes I changed the publish dates. not ideal but it works
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Re ordering courses’ is closed to new replies.