redirections

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hantaah
    Participant
    I have set it so that the student is redirected when they login to the dashboard. However student status is not being applied when they sign up. How do we auto assign them to students?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    What I understood from your message is that the new users that sign up on the website do not have default role as student. So please go to your wp-admin->settings->general->new user default role: and set it to student and save changes.
    hantaah
    Participant
    No that's not what I mean. 1 - Firstly I want to know how they get the student role by default without manually doing this. If I have 100 subscribers this is far too much to add them all manually. 2 - I am using s2member so when they sign up thay need to have the s2member role that they signed up for to beable to view the assigned pages. So how do I make them a student as well?   The only reason I want to assign student role to them is this seems to be a must to have them redirected to theier student dashboard at sign in. So I need an acceptable solution to allow my signups to be directed to their dashboard whilst still attaining the s2member roles?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. It is from the same settings as the H.K mentioned above and also when a user purchases a course and the order is completed fro him then we also change the user role of the user to student by force .But this is only on when the woocommerce order si completed . 2.  Please note that wplms system is not dependent on the student role . It just checks for the capability of edit_posts. Any user that can edit_posts is instcurtor for the wplms and who cannot edit_posts are students . So there is not need to change your users to students manually . The above goes same for the login redirection also . Please check if S2 member and other third party plugin is overriding the login redirection tip of the wplms coz it is working fine at our end .
    hantaah
    Participant
    My users do not purchase through woocommerce they buy membershipt though s2membership and no s2membership is not overidding redirection. I currently have to set the redirection via s2member to redirect them to a welcome page because if I add the redirection via lms settings no redirection happens whatsoever. When a user logs in it goes to home page.   Cabn you log in for me please and shpw me / tell me why this is not working. Please note I am not able to change the user rold as I need the user to have the membership role they signed up for   http://www.muslimahwebdesign.co.uk/lookovermyshoulder.wp-admin hantaah Sazalina1011@loms   so.... 1 - I need the user to be redirected to the dashboard when they log in whilst keeping their membership role.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Apologies for delayed response. Are you still facing this issue?
    hantaah
    Participant
    Hi this is not resoled. i just purchased extended support so i hope to get this sorted asap?   Could you update me please?   many thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is certainly an issue with the S2member plugin . We need dive into the code of S2member plugin for this . We will make some tests to resolve this on our test setup with S2member plugin and will provide a proper feed back after it .
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘redirections’ is closed to new replies.