regarding automatic updates

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues regarding automatic updates

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sanjay_k
    Spectator
    Hello Team, we customized wplms as per our requirement. If wplms , new updates comes, if i update, will it affect my  existing site? My developer said, he disabled automatic updates, because  it will disrupt our website  . Is it true. Same doubt i have , wrt plugin updates like contact form 7 etc which are used in our site. Please guide us with correct information. REgards, Sanjay
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    If you have made changes in the plugins and theme files directly ,then you gonna lose all your customizations on plugin or theme update  . We always recommend to do all customizations using child themes and wplms customizer plugin  .
    sanjay_k
    Spectator
    Hello Alex, Thank you. My current website is done by a developer, not sure how he did , either directly /child theme. Now i am not in touch with developer. 1. How do i know   my current state of web site , child theme /main theme with direct file changes. 2. in plugins , i can see some vibe plugins and wplms events,wplms dashboard etc wplms plugins updates. If i update will it affect my current web site. Please help me. Regards, sanjay k    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we cannot check each file if your developer has done customization in the theme or plugins file . Please ask the developer for it . We usually ask our users to customize the wplms with the help of child theme and wplms customizer plugin.
    sanjay_k
    Spectator
    Thank you. I agree with you. One more thing, 1.how to know how many pages are there in my current web site. 2.How do i know , which pages are not being used as per customization. 3.Such  pages , which are not being used, might cause slow down of web site .correct me if i am wrong. 4.i see some broken links in my web site,  i know how to detect, but how can i correct. Pls help me. regards, madhavi
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. To know number pages please visit your wp-admin -> pages -> all pages . 2. Well you can use a diff tool to check fro which files were changed . 3. This is up to you if you need those pages. 4. Try resaving the permalinks or there may be error due to your customizations .
    sanjay_k
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Thank you. In the above response you wrote 4.Try resaving the permalinks or there may be error due to customization --Please explain , how to re save the permalinks? I mean steps to do this. Regards, Madhavi    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please goto wp-admin -> settings -> permalinks -> save the permalinks to postname again . Also try deactivating the third party plugins
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘regarding automatic updates’ is closed to new replies.