Register Page Problems

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Register Page Problems

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, I am having issues with the register page since I updated the theme. This site has been a long time in production due to clients not providing any content for well over a year. As such I haven't kept things up to date. On updating I noticed a fair amount of the site suddenly went haywire. I have to go back through and sort styling and layout for multiple different things. I have managed to do a great bulk of it BUT I have just noticed that the registration page shows really strangely. A grey box to the left and the login/register form over to the left. No header or footer either. Previously, it was a page like any other but it seems to have changed. Some things to note about the site:
    • Front end Registration is turned off.
    • I am using the plugin Invite Anyone to allow for invitations to register to be send out.
    You can see in the link in the following private message. I will provide login details should you want to have a look yourself. I would like to know how to get the page looking like part of the site once more. Also to have it defer to the register option rather than login. Any help you may be able to offer would be wonderful. This set up was working fine ... now it is not.
    bang
    Blocked
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    bang
    Blocked
    Diana, I am not new to wordpress or it's functions. I fear you have not read my support request properly which in turn has wasted a day as I am sure I will not hear back for another 24 hours. This has made me rather upset. Your suggestion of turning registration back on DOESN'T make any difference to the problem. The registration page is still a mess and missing items. Also suggesting that I make a change in the header settings ... I do not want the option to show in the header. It is not the header settings that I want to change! It is the registration page! Please refer back to my message where I explain that I am using an invitation only registration process via a plugin. I DO NOT want people to register from the front end. I want it to be by invitation ONLY. This is why registration is turned off. To stop unwanted registrations and spam. The plugin STILL works, it is operational. The plugin is not the issue ... before it is suggested that it is. By clicking that link I posted in the private message you will see that the form arrives and that the user is set up. You would have seen if you had clicked the link ... which you obviously did not. The issue is that the register page is now not displaying as it was. I would like to edit the registration page to remove the grey box and add the site header / footer / sidebar back in as it was. Something has changed in the theme update and I do not know what. Editing the register page doesn't make a difference from what I have tried. Please do not brush this message aside as someone that doesn't know how wordpress works. I have successfully used this setup for 1.5 years during testing of this site. The only thing to change is the theme update. The registration page is now not displaying properly. The way it works has obviously changed. I do not want to use a registration pop up ... i do not want to use a registration drop down ... I wish to be able to link people to the registration PAGE and to be able to edit that page to have it look the way that I want to. I have already tried all of the styling options under Heading > Login Style and it doesn't fix this problem. I have also tried to edit the Register page by changing the Page Attributes > Template option. It leads me to believe something is overriding it. So again ...
    • the registration process via the plugin WORKS. The way the page is displayed has changed. How do I change this?

• Also .. how do I have it default to Register first? At present it shows the login tab highlighted.

Diana
    Participant
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, It is frustrating when your response was a generic one that I had read already in the forum. It showed me that my support request had either not been read in full or that it had not been understood. As such I thought I would spell it out a little clearer. I'm sorry if you felt that was rude. It however has now been 3 days since my original message and we don't seem to be any further forward. Can you please help me understand how to edit the register page? Do you know how I can make "register" the first tab that is seen?
    Diana
    Participant
    @bang, You need not to wait for long. Will reply you by today
    Diana
    Participant
    @bang, Do you have any screenshot how it was before? or any video? Without knowing how it was, I cannot fix the page How sidebar was displayed on the site. The page alignment. I have to check all these things
    bang
    Blocked
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you just simply need to set the template of the register page to "default" in order to remove left, right layouting. In multiple updated we have added many settings and also added many style related bug fixes . That's some price you need to pay if you update theme over a year .Even wordpress and some plugin broke after year.  
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, The page is already set to default template. I have stated already that I have tried changing this. Setting the page to default within it's template doesn't work. It is still displaying improperly. I am getting really quite upset now. 5 days have gone by and I am no where closer to finding out how to achieve what I need to. Again I kindly ask:
    • Can you please help me understand how to edit the register page? I wish for it to revert to how it was before. Explained above.
    • Do you know how I can make "register" the first tab that is seen? It is confusing having someone go to this page to register to be met with the log in tab.
    This is obviously not as easy as changing the template. Please can you help me.
    logan
    Hello, i am support head, i apologies for your inconvenience because of my holidays. now i am taking care of this topic at a high priority. for the first issue, please let me know how it was before then i can revert back the changes. for now, this is how it is appearing at my side: http://prntscr.com/ps2uac this is a site lock feature,if you want to turn it off then  you can turn it off from: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/site-lock-in-wplms/ please let me know what kind of customizations you want to perform on this page so that i can guide you better.
    for the second issue: if you want to show the register tab first after loading the entire page then add this code into your wp-admin >> plugins >> plugin editor >> wplms customizer plugin >> customizer.php file.

add_action('wp_footer','registerTab_view_in_wplms',999);

function registerTab_view_in_wplms(){

echo '<script>

jQuery(document).ready(function(){      jQuery("body").find("a#login_page_register_tab").trigger("click");

});

</script>';

}

refer: http://prntscr.com/ps2wzd now this tab will appear first.

Tip: For better support always share a screenshot:

Please provide the proper screenshot, use https://prnt.sc/ to upload and share url of the screenshot.

If you want to send us a video of the issue, use https://screencast-o-matic.com/ to upload and share URL of the video.

bang
    Blocked
    Hi Logan, Now I understand what has happened I am actually ok with the layout. My main concern was that it looked rubbish. As soon as you said it was to do with Site Lock I went and looked at the relevant video: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/site-lock-in-wplms/ ... and saw how to edit the page to make it nicer. The client only wants a few chosen pages to show so site lock is necessary. I am now quite happy with the layout and styling. Also thank you very much for the code to show the register tab instead of the Log in tab. It works very well. After what felt like a wasted week you have solved everything needed. Thank you very much.
    logan

Dear Friend,

Glad you’re an issue is resolved.  🙂

because of your urgency, i replied while i was on holiday. i hope you would not mind posting a review about your experience with us. I would really appreciate that! Here: https://themeforest.net/item/wplms-learning-management-system/reviews/6780226

visit this link: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/how-to-rate-us-at-themeforest/

If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Closing this topic.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Register Page Problems’ is closed to new replies.