registration issues and editing profile field

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting registration issues and editing profile field

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    danbz
    Participant
    Hi I have a few issues: 1) I have created a custom registration page with tabs one for the instructors and one for the students. When a user registers it says Congratulations! you have been successfully registered! but it doesn't redirect to the dashboard although I have set it to redirect. 2) After registration, when I click on login with email and password says it's not valid, although the user exists in users. 3)When I go to profile then edit, I am unable to change any of the fields from public to anything else. Thank you. 4)When a user registers with OTP, it displays their email instead of username also when registering with OTP it automatically registers as a student I believe because the default role is set to student. How can users be registered as student or instructor with OTP?
    danbz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ada
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    danbz
    Participant
    ok. What is it with the support that some of the questions asked are just ignored?! This is happening way too frequently. Please respond to question 4. Also when creating a course it says draft is saved. when I refresh everything goes away it looks like I didn't do anything. From the front end from where can instructors retrieve the draft?
    Diana
    Participant
    Apologies if you are feeling this way, that @ada ignored your issue Point 4: Registration using OTP. So Are you using Wplms Phone Auth Addon? Yes, because the user role is set as "Student" You can change the default user role for newly registered user, from wp-admin > Settings > General > New User Default Role
    danbz
    Participant
    Hi but i can set it to either instructor or student how to use it for both? Thank you
    Diana
    Participant
    Sir, You didn't answered my question. for registering users are you using Buddypress registration Form or OTP authentication using wplms Phone Auth?
    danbz
    Participant
    I believe I'm using vibepb to log in where it says log in with email and then login/register with OTP
    Diana
    Participant
    In vibebp there is nothing like login with OTP
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘registration issues and editing profile field’ is closed to new replies.