Reposition Instructor Name & pic On Course Page

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Reposition Instructor Name & pic On Course Page

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    Is it possible to re-position the instructor name and picture on the course page and place it under the title like the screenshot I attached? I'm using layout C3 Thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    For this please use a child theme say blank child theme and then create a folder "course" inside this folder create a new folder "single" and inside this folder add the course-header2.php file present in the attachment.  
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    Ok but I don't have a child theme installed.  If I add a child theme will it not reset all my website settings, menus and sidebars?  I've spent a lot of time setting everything up and I don't want to have to redo everything by adding a child theme.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    If you are not using any child theme then use the blank child theme, as the name suggests this is the blank child theme and it will not change anything in your website. All the settings will remain same, the only thing is when you will activate the child theme some of your plugins will be deactivated, so you just need to reactivate them again.  
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    Ok perfect, and do I set it up just by going into my FTP and creating a folder for the child theme or is there a way to do it from within the wordpress dashboard?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You can upload a child theme from wp-admin also, just go to wp-admin->appearance->themes->add new, and upload the theme. The only thing that matters is that you have to upload the child theme in the themes directory and the default wplms theme should also be present in the theme directory, now just activate the child theme.   But for creating the folders and then uploading the file there as I mentioned earlier, you'll have to login through the ftp and do this.
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    Ok I tried this and it did not work, where exactly do I place the "course" and "single" folders?  Inside the child theme folder?  because that's what I did and it didn't work.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The course folder should be inside the child theme folder and single folder must be inside the course folder and then the file must be inside the single folder. If still its not working then share the site url and admin credentials with us and make sure you do not remove the folders and files. Also try clearing the cache before checking.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Reposition Instructor Name & pic On Course Page’ is closed to new replies.