Requested: Search function that works within lessons

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request Requested: Search function that works within lessons

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    toblju
    Spectator
    Probably the best LMS-theme needs a search function that works like a search function should work within a LMS system. Users should be able to search for words within lessons and units. This is non-existing today. There is no possibility to search within lessons and units in WPLMS. Please understand  that users really need this. Please like/comment this feature request if you agree. (That is the only way we could achieve a search function according to answer from WPLMS support).
    quanto
    Spectator
    I agree with you. We should have a search box for finding courses in the catalog and another search box to facilitate the subscribers to look up into the lessons content. The users who are not enrolled into the relevant courses should not be able to search the unauthorized course content
    thexlearner
    Spectator
    can you please explain to me why the student will need that feature , they can search the course and find the units on it simply , take a look at Udemy , they didn't have that feature Regards The X Learner
    quanto
    Spectator
    The content of my site will be mostly text-based (less videos, unlike Udemy). There will be a lot information and reference materials. The student can find easily what (s)he needs by searching rather than by deducing where it can be. Take for example a subject matter of Geography. (S)he can just search for "Germany" as a keyword and all the lessons featuring Germany will come up as listed. This info is scattered because it is categorized by topics, e.g. location, economic status, history, etc. Some of the info might be in forums, comments, etc. Udemy is video-based, so you cannot search in the video file unless you have its voice script. That's why YouTube introduced voice recognition and video captions - in order to index this content. In my opinion, searching in lessons and restrict the search results based on the subscriber/student privileges in a must in e-learning sites. They deal with providing information/knowledge to students and finding it quickly and easily is a key feature.
    toblju
    Spectator
    <span lang="EN-US" style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Georgia',serif; mso-ansi-language: EN-US;">In our courses we mix both video and text/pictures to give the students better training. We train thousands of Swedish people in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc. Before releasing our new platform (WPLMS) we had 10 test persons already using our current platform to test our new WPLMS platform. Without mention anything about searching for the test persons six of them did ask where the search function where!!!</span> <span lang="EN-US" style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Georgia',serif; mso-ansi-language: EN-US;">And you know what; in most websites there is a possibility to search, isn´t it? Of cause this should be in a great LMS like WPLMS.</span>  
    toblju
    Spectator
    In our courses we mix both video and text/pictures to give the students better training. We train thousands of Swedish people in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc. Before releasing our new platform (WPLMS) we had 10 test persons already using our current platform to test our new WPLMS platform. Without mention anything about searching for the test persons six of them did ask where the search function where!!! And you know what; in most websites there is a possibility to search, isn´t it? Of cause this should be in a great LMS like WPLMS.
    toblju
    Spectator
    Would have been nice to have some respond from the WPLMS team about this. I mean, every student would love to be able to search among lessons, wouldn´t they?
    carrie
    Spectator
    Also really important for me too. I had no idea until it was to late that this is not a feature. It is causing a lot of issues for our users. Is this planned as a feature? Any way to fix this?
    toblju
    Spectator
    Yes, this is really, really important. WPLMS-team, please advise us about your plans. People on our site are actually thinking about switching to other LMS due to this lack, together with bad certificate feature. On the other hand, I am very pleased with all other features, but good search functionallity and acceptable certificate feature are basic for a good LMS.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Requested: Search function that works within lessons’ is closed to new replies.