Same COURSES label for different URL

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Same COURSES label for different URL

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steyno
    Participant
    Hi, In the Main menu we have COURSES which links to the "/all-courses/" page and in under the USER drop-down menu (top-right corner) there is another label COURSES which links to the same URL as the MY COURSES label i.e. "members/username/course/ " Could we please rename COURSES in the left lide menu and the drop-down menu to MY COURSES instead?
    Steyno
    Participant
    To view illustration, please visit link below: https://www.screencast.com/t/n2kFbtcEJu3 Mnay thanks!
    Yes, you can simply translate it by using the loco translator. It is coming from the WPLMS theme and vibe course module. Follow this guide for translation : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-loco-translate-plugin/
    Steyno
    Participant
    Hi, thanks for the elaborate explanation. I just want to make sure I understand correctly please. I have to follow those instructions to translate although I just want a label name (english) COURSES changed to MY COURSES (also english). Cant I just change it where it is located in the files?
    If you would change it in the source file, then on updating the theme changes will be removed.  
    Steyno
    Participant
    Please pardon my ignorance but could I not place the source file in the child theme?
    Go to wp-admin->loco translator->vibe course module->choose English language->find the string "Courses" ->add your translation->click on save. That's it.
    Steyno
    Participant
    I tried what you suggested but it changed a lot of labels to German??? I then restored the website and deleted loco translate plugin. I looked for the files to change and found one only which is fine now. I still need to find the location of the other one in the drop-down below the login. Can you help, please? If not, could you maybe please ask someone else? Thank you very much
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    It is in wplms theme . \wp-content\themes\wplms\includes\widgets\custom_bp_widgets.php  .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    about that German translation issue : this is an issue in wplms as of now which we have fixed in the latest theme update . so please update the theme and all its plugins first to 2.5.2  before translating to avoid this mixing if translation strings .
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Same COURSES label for different URL’ is closed to new replies.