Scoring for match question type

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Scoring for match question type

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Is there a way I can assign a point value to each question within the match question type, rather than the match section as whole? For instance, I have a quiz with 50 questions worth 2 points each. I have a match question type accounting for 10 of those 50 questions with answers to match. Those 10 questions need to be worth 2 points each, but I only see options to make the match question type worth 20 points as a whole. The flaw in this is that if any of the questions are mismatched, students lose 20 points instead of 2 points for each mismatch.
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Just for a little added clarification, I have provided a screenshot below. This match question type has only 5 questions with matching answers. I would like for each question to be worth 2 points for a combined 10 points. That way, if a student wwere to mismatch, for example, #19 and #20, they would only lose 4 points. Currently I seem to only be able to assign 10 points to the matching section as a whole and if a student were to mismatch #19 and #20, then they would lose all 10 points.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Partial marking system is not available in wplms. You can create a quiz which will be manually evaluated and provide the marks manually accordingly.
    pacworks
    Spectator
    That is unfortunate. I really need a feature like this as I am trying to make our courses as least teacher/instructor dependent as possible. I suppose I will just have to move away form match type questions.
    pacworks
    Spectator
    If I do decide to stay with the match question types and figure out a different solution to my problem with marking/scoring, I am having another issue. Some of my match question types do not completely fit in the view port. Sometimes I have to read the first match question and scroll down to find the answer to drag. However, when trying to drag the answer to the question it does not automatically scroll up. I have to use the wheel on my mouse to scroll up enough to see the question and match the answer to it. On mobile, it does the same thing, but since there isn't a scroll wheel and the screen will not move when swiped while holding on to a matching element, there is no way for me to scroll up to match the answer to a question. Any solution for this? It would be nice if you clicked on an answer and dragged it to the top or bottom, the screen would automatically scroll.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yup we agree with you that is does not scrolls up automatically . We are adding this to issue log .We will try to fix this in the next update of wplms . track : https://trello.com/c/PmuYsToy For now you can break your match answer type questions so that they appear in the height of the viewport .
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Scoring for match question type’ is closed to new replies.