SCORM 2004 issues – course continuation and certificate problems

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues SCORM 2004 issues – course continuation and certificate problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rbarnette
    Spectator
    Hi, I have uploaded a scorm 2004, 4th edition course.  The course loads well, but I can't get the following to happen.
    1. If I only complete 30% of the module with the intention of returning to it, it doesn't present a "resume" button - it just starts me off all over again.

2. If I complete 50% - even 100% - of the course, it still reads: 0/100 for a course grade.  It won't register a proper mark. It says "you obtained 0/100..."

Here's what I'm trying to ultimately achieve:

1. I'd like for students to be able to take the Rise course. If they step away from the course viewing less than 70% of it, I'd like them to be able to exit out (by hitting the "BACK TO COURSE BUTTON) and then click Continue to resume the course another time.  Ideally, when they click Continue, I'd like it to bring them to where they left off.  Or at least keep track of all the units they completed.
    2.If they complete 70% or more of it, and they click the Finish course button, I'd like them to automatically receive a certificate of completion.  And for the finished status to indicate they completed/received 70/100. Help please, again... '-) Lastly - it's very confusing to have only BACK TO COURSE and FINISH COURSE buttons for those who don't finish the course and want their progress saved.  A button that reads, SAVE PROGRESS to continue, BACK TO COURSE to abort all together and not save a thing, and FINISH COURSE for fully completely would be more user friendly in my eyes! MK Thanks, MK
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well wplms does not yet support scorm 2004.It only supports scorm 1.1,1.2 in its LMS api. The resume functionality works fine with scorm version 1.1,1.2 packages . The marks recording functionality also works if package initializes the LMSFinish method.   Yes you are right , there should not be any finish course button showing below the back to course button in case of scorm packages . We will be fixing that in upcoming updates.   Save progress : there wont be any need to do that.The course progress is saved automatically in wplms from LMS api and the course is resumed where it was left by the student .      
    rbarnette
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I saw the video there are some issues with the way you are setting the package . While you select the package and try to set it please make sure that the package type is selected to be "scorm 1.1/1.2" there : http://prntscr.com/phg46b   then set the package , while you view the package it will show the error lms api not found , you have to open it on the course status page .      
    rbarnette
    Spectator
    HI, I have had some success loading the file. But I'm still getting an error message when it plays. Please take a look. Also, please notice, when I select the scorm package this is my process: Choose the type Upload the package. Hit the set the package button. At that point, the package that it says is set is not the same as the one listed at the top. Why? That appears to be a bug. Shouldn't they be the same? Can you please share with me a screencast of the exact steps to achieve the following: To have a Rise course marked as complete when 50% of the course or more is viewed. Do I indicate those settings in Rise? Or, just in WPLMS? To have WPLMS provide a certificate when the student has run through the course and met this expectation. What are the exact steps I need to follow to ensure the right course package is set, different from what I might be doing that's causing any problems. I've been chasing this now for 4 days. I really need help with this as it's got to be delivered to the public today. Thank you all for your help! http://somup.com/cq66IyeNYo MK
    Mk
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘SCORM 2004 issues – course continuation and certificate problems’ is closed to new replies.