Search box permanent like on lynda.com

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Search box permanent like on lynda.com

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ballaniang
    Spectator
    Hello, how could I add a search box in the top header like on lynda.com ? I can add this kind of search box on the footer with widgets but not on the header. Thanks,  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    In wplms, the serchbox in header is already present refer: http://prntscr.com/e03c14
    ballaniang
    Spectator
    But the search box need to click on the search icon to appear. I want the search box (search field)  to be present without clicking to any button like lynda.com.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is not available by default but your can achieve this using the Standard header which you can select from wp-admin-> appearance -> customize -> header . And then goto wp-admin-> wplms -> header -> Header Top Content (Optional) -> put this shortcode in it : [course_search] . then goto wp-admin-> appearance -> customize-> custom css and add this css : .headertop_content form.left input#s{clear:none !important;float:left !important;display:inline !important;width:65% !important;height:38px}    
    dantwah
    Spectator
    I was looking at this issue as well. I tried to make this work for the header that is used in demo 1. But it does not seem to get through. Any tips on how to change the icon for a searchbox in this setup?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @dantwah: please create your own topics for your issues. The fontawesome icons are used in wplms so we can only change the icons which are present in the fontawesome icons list.  
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Search box permanent like on lynda.com’ is closed to new replies.