Search for unit

Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Adenino
    Spectator
    Hi there, 'No results found' when we tried to search for a unit to add to a section. We tried both FE and backend still no results, we even typed the actual true name of the unit, yet no results was found! 1. Any idea why is this happening? 2. Is there any idea on how to get ride of the ajax option and make it a dropdown list of all units when ever we click in the search field? This is very important as how on earth an instructor can remember the names of his or her units all the times? We are dealing with old lecturers here. I know you made it that way for loading speed perhaps but it is very unfriendly experience. Please see screenshot. Kind regards
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    1) There could be some js error on the page, so I'll need the admin credentials and the course url to check this at your end. 2) It is designed this way because of the speed issues and if there are so many units, questions, etc then it helps on reducing the unwanted load on the  server. In earlier versions before 2.0 versions we used to have dropdown and it caused many issues on the users website, so we changed it and now it cannot be changed back. PS: Mark your reply as private while sharing the admin credentials.
    Adenino
    Spectator
    Hi there, thank you for your reply. We are very disappointed with the Ajaxs matter (#2) there are many large websites out there and yet they do use a drop down select function instead of Ajax search, why your one can be the same. As for the speed issue I do not think it's relevant. Can you please suggest a solution?. As I mentioned before most of our lecturers are old people and trying to search and remembering names of quizzes and units and so on is not a friendly option at all. Kind regards Adenino
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Sorry but this is not available in wplms.
    Adenino
    Spectator
    Hi Latiyan <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">Can you please suggest a solution!</span>
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    As I mentioned above it cannot be changed back to dropdown now. Well it can be changed but we cannot change it for 1 user and it will take lot of custom work to change it. I am sorry but you have to use ajax method only for searching and you can also enable instructor content privacy from wplms->course manager->force instructor content privacy, it will allow instructor to search only the content created by her.
    Adenino
    Spectator
    Hi Latiyan, thank you for that, the reason we do not want the ajax is because when we click inside the field for: "Connect Assignment" the curser is jumping to the main post content area up. and from the attached screen shot you can see that there is not a place to click due to css error probably! "Please enter 4 or more characters" is overlapping "Select multiple wplms assignment" How do we fix that? Kind regards, Adenino
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is a styling issue that we will be fixing in the next update of wplms . But it is working fine and also the old select box will put heavy load on the server coz it fetches all the posts while loading the edit page and in some cases it may crash the site . We received many requests to resolve this in past and that's why we have revamped it . But yes there are some issues with styling with it which we have noted and will be fixed in the next update of wplms theme . You can still control the selection with keyboard up down and enter keys if cursor is not working properly .
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The styling issue has been resolved in the latest update of wplms 2.1, so please update the theme and plugins to latest version and then check and confirm .
    carolecusanno
    Spectator
    Hi there ! I have the same problems. I tried all solutions... except the ones that oblige to go into the code because I am not able to do it. But I am wondering why you do not propose to add units or items by their reference number. Each item in WPLMS as a reference of 4 figures. Then when that type of issue would appear, like "no results found" we could then search by the ref number of the unit. Would it help ?
    carolecusanno
    Spectator
    Hi there, well I experienced a new solution. To find the unit, we have to make sure that the unit has the linkage of the course. If you want to add the unit "XXX" to the course entitled  "course 1", then when building the unit, you have to mark into the linkage part "course 1". When trying to add the unit XXX in course one, then type in the search box, and the system will find it ! ;)
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for the update.  
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Search for unit’ is closed to new replies.