Search isn't working and instructors' bio is not displayed in selected language

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Search isn't working and instructors' bio is not displayed in selected language

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    uial
    Participant
    Hi! First of all, it's a great theme to work. I have two main issues here. I would be really glad if you help me to solve them. My web site is http://h2o.partners/
    1. Search function is not working. As far as I remember I didn't change any settings about search but it would be great if you check it out. For example, there is a course called "Human Factor 3.0". When I typed "human" as a keyword in searchbox, a blank page is loaded.
    2. Second issue is about displaying instructor's bio in a selected language. I am using PolyLang for multilanguage option (I don't know if you suggest us to use it). For example this instructor has English and Turkish bios but no matter which language is selected, always English one is shown on the screen. Is it a problem related to Polylang (if it is so do you have any solution or suggestion for using another plugin) or am I missing something here?
    Kind regards,  
    uial
    Participant
    http://h2o.partners/wp-admin username: H2O Password: 28WTJZ^xqOCm7TmydO&boYUj
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Okay i checked your site and found that the default wordpress search also not working . In search form we are using the wordpress default home_url function which is overwritten by the polylang plugin and wordpress search needs the default url which is your-site.com to work so that url like this is generated : your-site.com/?s=search_key  .This is default wordpress search architecture . The issue seems to be form polylang plugin itself please contact them . 2. bio = description field . Well there is only one instructor description field can be provided in wp-admin-> wplms -> buddypress -> "Instructor Description Field". So the field name which is provided here will show no matter what language is . You have to put just one description field for both language and try translating the label " bio " for different languages if possible either with the help of third party plugins .  
    uial
    Participant
    Thanks Alex. I used q translate instead of polylang. Search function is working well know.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay thanks for confirming that . Can we close the topic now if you issues are resolved .
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Search isn't working and instructors' bio is not displayed in selected language’ is closed to new replies.