Section Drip Feed – Access Denied Bug

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Section Drip Feed – Access Denied Bug

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    danayster
    Spectator
    After having posting about this in the Envato support area, I wasn't able to reproduce it on video to show you what's going on. Luckily for me though today I was able to catch it and record the entire bug in a screen capture. The issue is when section drip feed is turned on, it behaves very erratic. Sometimes it works and other times it starts to deny literally every single unit. Please see the video below for more details: http://youtu.be/YQxarPos1qo I have the latest module plugins installed and the issue is still present, it was also present prior to this newest release of 1.9.9
    sandy
    Moving to correct forums. Please do not create topic in issue log. Topic in issue log are meant for updates and maybe ignored.
    danayster
    Spectator
    Going on 5 Days and no answer.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Unable to replicate this issue as as well needed site credentials to check this  . Please try deactivating any caching plugin if you are using to optimize site speed . PS: mark reply as private .
    danayster
    Spectator
    Ive prepared a development installation of my site along with the captured Bug in section drip feed. Along with two more videos demonstrating the bug. ftp.urbanschool.com (Only work in the DEV directory NOT LIVE SITE) [email protected] b2^WQ=qJbSPn http://dev.urbanschool.com/wp-login.php WP Admin login: urbschoolwp Nhgx4&d8V*E1f9TVh0Ww5GqN Student Login: keeartris.love25 nappynay Cpanel Login: urbschool x*qe#?[PS;S* Watch this video for replication - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcBi748cXA4 Continued - http://youtu.be/cXvFL7ATgKA
    danayster
    Spectator
    I've now left credentials as a private message above along with more videos showing the bug. I've created a development site just for us to fix this issue as not being able to use Section drip feed has my business in a standstill.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Checking site.... The pending tickets are tracked based on last response, when last response if by a staff, we do not get any notification. So if the issues are not resolved, we recommend posting a simple "issue not resolved" message on the topic.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Firstly thanks a lot for the videos, I have checked the videos and I guess I know why this is happening on your course. My suggestion would be to reset the course for the user and retry. I am sure none of your "new" joining students would be facing this issue. I tried replicating this issue on our test site and have few questions : a. Did you enable the "drip feed" for the course in between. That is when the student had already attempted some units, you enabled drip feed for the course ? b. If section drip was enabled and Drip feed was enabled for the course from the very beginning, were the units attempted in random order ?   Clarification on the error "Unit can not be accessed" : a. When you enable Drip feed on a course. We start tracking the Unit start time, this start time is recorded when a user views the unit. b. Now, this start time is very important for drip feed as it determines when the unit was started and whether to show the error or allow the user to see the unit. c. In your case, it seems student has gone through X units and then you enabled Drip feed. Now for those of X units the unit start time is missing. So you need to set the start time by viewing each of the units again in a sequential order from the beginning of the course.   Since Admin credentials were not working, I viewed all the units from the student account and I can no longer see the "Unit can not be accessed error"   Take Away : Whenever enabling Drip feed, reset the course and start afresh.    
    danayster
    Spectator
    Yes you are correct! I have enabled the feature halfway into the course because the first time I enabled it at the beginning I had a similar issue. I think the case also was that I turned it on halfway into the first section as well. I did have Section drip feed enabled in settings page, but in the course I just enabled it a few days ago. To fix this I can simply have my assistant login as my students and view all of the units for them again as resetting the courses for my 30 students is a major inconvenience for them since they are three weeks into the courses and have already taken quizzes and so. Let me know if doing this will make things right or if another issue can still likely happen. Regarding the section drip feed, I have a question that I put in a short screen Video for you. http://youtu.be/gRhzB06mprU Please confirm how it currently functions and if it doesn't function as I would like, I would appreciate some guidance as to how to get this done with a developer or better yet a price for you to do it for me.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes, no need to reset the course for any of the students. If you have the student login credentials then you can ask your assistant to login as student and open every unit in the course sequentially from first to the current unit. This way the student course progress will remain marked and the quiz results would also remain intact. I checked the video, and let me clarify : The section drip feed does not takes the access time of the last unit into account but it checks the access time of the first unit of the section . The drip feed time will be checked for the time when student accessed the first unit of the section now the drip feed has been begun to apply for her as soon as student open the first unit of the section  . Example : Let this be the course : Section 1: Week 1 unit 1.1 : unit 2.1: quiz 1: Section 2:  Week 2 unit 2.1 unit 2.2 quiz 2 Suppose drip feed applied si of 7 days . Now if user students opens the course and accessed the unit 1.1 of the section 1 :week From now on the drip duration is applied as soon as student accessed the unit 1.1 .Now student can access all the units in the section 1 but cannot access the unit 2.1 of second section . Student can only access the unit 2.1 after 7 days from when she accessed the unit 1.1 .
    danayster
    Spectator
    Ok thanks understood, now using your description.. If the user accessed unit 1.1 today but doesn't return for 14 days.. .Will they be able to watch all of Section 1,2 and continue onto section 3 being that the drip feed is based on unit 1.1 or does unit 3.1 depend on the access time of unit 2.1 and so on? If 3.1 access is dependent on 2.1 then the same problem exists in which the student will never be able to catch up if they fall behind since the WAIT TIME only begins once they begin the first unit of each section. I would like to modify this so that all sections are unlocked exactly 7 days from each other. So if the student is away for 4 weeks, they can catch up with 4 sections all in one day.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    They'll be able to Watch Section 1 and Section 2 but not section 3, because there is no View time setup for unit 2.1 in section 2. We're planning on adding a functionality to manually manage drip feed for individual students, so that in case such as yours you'll be able to manually handle them directly from the front end.
    danayster
    Spectator
    Ok thanks Vibes, you've been a great help. Now I'll know which approach to take with a developer.  Would I be able to have a developer change the section drip feed to only look at 1.1 for all of the sections using your WPLMS customizer or must they actually modify the core files for this? Manually being able to manage one off students will be a little helpful but could turn into a customer service nightmare when we have dozens of students paying weekly and expecting to "Catch Up" for three weeks of lessons all in one day.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Section Drip Feed – Access Denied Bug’ is closed to new replies.