Section Drip Feed – Change to Fixed

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Section Drip Feed – Change to Fixed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    danayster
    Spectator
    I actually didn't receive a reply to my last question before you guys closed the ticket. Vibe has confirmed that section drip feed is designed to look at only the previous sections 1st unit in order to determine and unlock new sections. This unfortunately would not allow students to ever catch up if they fall behind as they always have to wait 7 days in addition to whatever time they were away. I would like to know if using your WPLMS customizer I can hire a developer to change the section drip feed to only look at the first unit in the first section. This way each section will unlock on a fixed schedule once they watch that first unit. So if they are away for 2 or 3 weeks they can come back and watch three sections all in one day and catch up. Example (Using 7 day section drip feed) <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 22px; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"><strong style="box-sizing: border-box;">Section 1: Week 1<br style="box-sizing: border-box;" />unit 1.1 :  (Watched)<br style="box-sizing: border-box;" />unit 1.2: (Student watches only up to here on day 1)<br style="box-sizing: border-box;" />quiz 1:</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 22px; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"><strong style="box-sizing: border-box;">Section 2:  <strong style="box-sizing: border-box;">Week 2<br style="box-sizing: border-box;" />unit 2.1<br style="box-sizing: border-box;" />unit 2.2<br style="box-sizing: border-box;" />quiz 2</p> <strong style="box-sizing: border-box;">Section 2:<span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"> </span><span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"> </span><strong style="box-sizing: border-box;">Week 3<br style="box-sizing: border-box;" /><span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">unit 3.1</span><br style="box-sizing: border-box;" /><span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">unit 3.2</span><br style="box-sizing: border-box;" /><span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">quiz 3 (Three weeks later, student returns and watches all units up to this point in ONE DAY)</span> This is the thread of all that was discussed regarding this https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/section-drip-feed-access-denied-bug/
    danayster
    Spectator
    Here is the last part without formatting   Example (Using 7 day section drip feed) Section 1: Week 1 unit 1.1 : (Watched) unit 1.2: (Student watches only up to here on day 1) quiz 1: Section 2: Week 2 unit 2.1 unit 2.2 quiz 2 Section 2: Week 3 unit 3.1 unit 3.2 quiz 3 (Three weeks later, student returns and watches all units up to this point in ONE DAY)
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    There are 2 requests related to drip feed, which we're planning to add in next updates : a. Allow Drip feed Course wise. Section, Unit or relative to Start Date (your request) b. Allow ad-hoc management of students in drip feed course. We already have similar requests. We realise that this is a common request and we have to make a separate module to manage drip feed for individual users. As of now this request has been added in our to do list for next updates.
    danayster
    Spectator
    WOw that is amazing Vibe! Extremely glad to hear this. Thank you very much. Quick question, which table gets written to when a student watches a unit? I may have to manually change these dates as students have now been in my course for 4 weeks, but I only turned section drip feed on last week and had my assistant watch all of the units for them. The problem is, once I return drip feed back to 7 days the current students cant watch after section 1 since it hasn't been more then 7 days since the units received their first timestamps.  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    WP_Usermeta. It is not easy to do this, because we save timestamps not the exact dates.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Section Drip Feed – Change to Fixed’ is closed to new replies.