Security Check Failed. Contact Administrator

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Security Check Failed. Contact Administrator

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jmu289
    Participant
    My users keep receiving the error message "security check failed. Contact administrator" when they take a quiz on my http://associatepi.com/course/cpcu-500-practice-exams-course/ course I fix the issue by resetting the course for the user by I cant find the underlying issue, it's not happening with any other courses just this one when they take a quiz Could you help fix this? It's now happened 10 times in the last week, I've tried creating my own account but I can't re-create the issue  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This error can occur if the quiz id is missing. So please make sure the quiz is published and connected to the course. Also make sure the theme and plugins are all updated to the latest versions i.e. 2.1 If the issue persists then please share the admin credentials and a student credentials who is facing the issue, to check it on your site. PS: Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    jmu289
    Participant
    The quiz is published and connected to the course Everything is up to date I don't think it's caused by the quiz ID because this only happens for some users. Some people go through the entire course no problem, it's only been a few users Could you please take a look? Admin credentials: ID: Associatepi PW: Adkne20%   User credentials: ID: tomoakigo To login to tomoakigo account, search for the user from the admin panel, hover over name and click "switch to" this will allow you to switch to their account The quiz in question is <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">http://associatepi.com/course/cpcu-500-practice-exams-course/</span>    
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the credentials, I checked your site but unfortunately couldn't find any such reason for this issue. I also noticed your course status page is different from the normal, it's complete DOM is different. Please try deactivating your child theme and activate the default theme. The purpose of this is just to confirm if the issue is appearing from the wplms theme or the customized child theme that you are using. Please clear the browser cache before checking. Let us know your findings on it.
    jmu289
    Participant
    Still the same issue. Switched the theme back to the parent and still seeing the same "security check" error for the same user
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok I again checked your website, the issue was with the page content of "feedback" page. I removed the page break from the content and now its working fine. Please check and confirm.
    jmu289
    Participant
    Great! What was the issue with the Feedback page? Is all you had to do is remove the pagebreak? And how were you able to identify that this was the issue, so I can check for it if this happens in the future? Thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    When I first checked your site (as a student) then I saw that the DOM of the course status page was completely different and that was the main issue. The reason for this could be if you had changed the template using  the child theme but you confirmed by deactivating the child theme that it wasn't the case. So the only possible reason is that the content of the current unit (feedback in your case) is having some issue like some unclosed div in html which is causing the DOM to change and hence causing this issue. So I checked the feedback unit and I tried to find the issue and in the process I removed the page break which resolved the issue.
    jmu289
    Participant
    So was it just guess and check by going to different pages and deleting different content to narrow the error down to the page break?   and what is DOM and how did you identify this was different?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    DOM is just a html structure how your page looks, if you are interested to know more about HTML structure then you should search the internet and study about it. It wasn't the guess as I mentioned above the page structure was different and this could only be due to the content in your unit. Since the issue in the topic is resolved so marking the topic as resolved. Please confirm if we could close the topic.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Security Check Failed. Contact Administrator’ is closed to new replies.