Selling product with multiple batches to the same user

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Selling product with multiple batches to the same user

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi there, we are creating a course that needs different curricula for students of different levels, but knowing that even the lower level students will eventually progress to upper levels, we do not want to sell 3 different versions to students. So my question is this..
    1. could we create 3 differest batches with unique curricula but sell all 3 versions with a single product so that every buyer is enrolled in all batches?

2. can the user then, somehow, enter the course and specify with "batch" they wish to follow?

Any other things we should consider? Any advice? Thanks in advance, much appreciated!  

Scott Lang
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    hi and thanks. I am actually already aware of how to create different curriculum for each batch. My question was on a different topic though, specifically on making the flow 100% transparent to the buyer who is granted access to all batches we create for the course and who can then switch easily between them. I looked at this video https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/batch-enrollment/ and the experience looks very complicated for the user, based on what we are trying to achieve. How can we: 1. automatically enroll anyone who buys the product in the 3 batches we create (and keep this "hidden" from the user so they are not confused by the whole concept of different batches etc)? And how can the user: 2. switch between different batches autonomously? In the specific... the course we are planning to offer is an autobook experience to learn a language. based on the student's level the curriculum will have more or less content and activities. But, someone who enters as a Beginner (and starts with the Beginner Batch) may later on progress to an Itermediate Level and finally wish to retake the course as an Advanced level student. Any tipcs on how to specifically make this happen? Thanks  
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Some more info... We thought about not using Batches at all to keep things simple and have have lessons that are clearly named as being for BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE or ADVANCED level students and the student can then just skip the lessons they are not interested in. The problem is that for what I know about WPLMS, the student will not be able to mark the course as FINISHED until they have checked off all lesson in the course... is that right?  
    Scott Lang
    Already wplms has prerequisite course option :https://prnt.sc/t2sk2t So that user can subscribe new course after prerequisite course
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    we are clearly having communication problems here. I am not sure why you are telling me about "pre-requisite courses". This does not apply at all to the problem we presented. Are you sure you understood what we are trying to achieve? We want to sell ONE course and automatically assign the students to ALL EXISTING BATCHES within that course. We then need a very easy way for the user to SELECT their preferred pathway (based on their level) and therefore start any of the BATCHES. We also need a way for the user to easily switch between the DIFFERENT BACTHES, if they want to.   In specific terms, a user buys this language course. They are automatically enrolled in the course with a beginner, intermediate and advanced curriculum (3 different batches). When it's time for the user to start the course, the user will need to select their preferred level (on of the 3 bacthes) so they can access the appropriate curriculum. In the future, the user should have the option to selected another level (switch to another Batch) and therefore access the curriculum of that particular level. Does this explanation make this more clear? Please read this carefully so we can start testing, based on your recommendations. Thank you kindly
    Scott Lang
    Hi, Yes we understand so we have suggested about prerequisite option so that before pursuing another course user must complete the required course. In the batch part has restriction that user can not switch batch any time. Because if user will removed from the batch the will removed from the connected course to same for when added in batch they will add in course too. I will suggest use of different batch curriculum means:
    • If user will in batch A they will follow batch A curriculum
    • and if in batch B they will follow batch B curriculum.
    • if not in any batch they will follow default course curriculum
    Restriction is that student can not switch batch any time . They should leave the previous batch then enroll in next batch.  
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi, I'm still confused, sorry! What are you suggesting we set as the "prerequisite course" for this product? The idea is that anyone can purchase this course and that everyone has access to all three batches, but they are free to choose and move between them. Is this possible? Thanks
    Scott Lang
    • Course is paid ( student purchase once)
    • Batches are free so the can move from one to another batch But issue is if batch is connected to course they will enroll in batch freely then they will add in connected courses too.
    Solution is that when student purchase the course then  make available the batch to student.And set batch as privatehttps://prnt.sc/t91qhz So student will leave the current  batch and make request to enroll in new  batch , accept and they will enroll in other batch .
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Selling product with multiple batches to the same user’ is closed to new replies.