Send a Single BP Email to Students

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Send a Single BP Email to Students

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    HorizonCME
    Spectator
    I'm just wanting to send an announcement-type buddypress email that's a one-off (not a regular touch-point), and I'm wondering how I can do this? I need to be able to use the BP tokens, so that's why I'm wanting to send it as an email rather than an announcement.
    HorizonCME
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Sorry but wplms do not have any such email added. But we already have inactivity emails which you can schedule from lms->settings->emails->schedule email->schedule inactivity email.
    HorizonCME
    Spectator
    Is there no way to send a custom email to students in a course then?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Automatically this cannot be done because the email template for this is not present in wplms. Manually you can email every student but this is not what you really looking for.
    HorizonCME
    Spectator
    How can I manually email every student?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    There is an alternative of this. In lms->settings->touch points, you can enable the emails for the announcements. Now you can simply add the announcement and then automatically the email will be sent to the users. After this you can delete the announcement, and the emails are already sent so you do not have to email every students manually.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You can also send the messages to the users, and automatically buddypress sends an email to the users whenever a message is received by the user.
    HorizonCME
    Spectator
    can I use the BuddyPress tokens in an announcement?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    No, you cannot use tokens, because each token is created for a particular email template only. You cannot even use the same token in two different emails given that its not defined in another email template also.
    HorizonCME
    Spectator
    So for this particular type of email I'm trying to send, I basically have to find a way to incorporate it into a trigger like the course start or something?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Well my suggestion will be to use the schedule inactivity email present in wplms, it also sends the email to users who are inactive on the website for a particular amount of time.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Send a Single BP Email to Students’ is closed to new replies.