set heigh of textarea in the quizzes questions

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues set heigh of textarea in the quizzes questions

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hetikus
    Participant
    I would like to modify the default height of textareas in the quizzes questions.  I tried to use the customize tool to do so, however, it turned out that the height is set as an attribute to an iframe, so I can't customize it from CSS. It takes, by default, a 400px height, and I would like to set up a different height.   I guess I may need to modify some .php file to change this, but I'm unable to locate which. Maybe a screenshot of the component I refer to helps a bit: https://ibb.co/n0T9xx   Thanks in advance!    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Please paste the following css in wp-admin>appearance>customize>custom css iframe#post_content_quiz__845_ifr {max-height:200px !important;} Please update the id of  iframe for that textarea. Refer : http://prntscr.com/iu7s9h
    Hetikus
    Participant
    Hi Ray, thanks for your response.   However, that solution does not make the trick, because by setting the max-height property forcefully from css, it is not possible to augment the textarea height by dragging and dropping the box. I guess that the height attribute of the iframe comes from a .php or maybe a javascript file. There is where we must change the value, so the iframe has such height value when first get rendered in the page, but the user can still modify the height from the textarea UI.   However, I don't know how to find such source file (I have very little wordpress experience at the moment).   I believe that just a clue of which .php/.js file is responsible to render that iframe tab could serve me :-) thanks for your efforts
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, we can solve this problem with css code. The height and width of textarea is hard coded in wordpress. So right now we have only option to do this with css. Sorry! for the inconvenience.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘set heigh of textarea in the quizzes questions’ is closed to new replies.