Set Up Captivate or Articulate files for WPLMS import as xAPI/TinCan Zip files

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Set Up Captivate or Articulate files for WPLMS import as xAPI/TinCan Zip files

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bam3473
    Spectator

I have saw that in one of the comments, it is said that one should “make sure that Adobe Captivate is configured properly before embedding it in the unit”. What are the instructions for ensuring Adobe Captivate is configured properly such that when a course is exported as a Tin Can compatible .zip file, it will work with WPLMS? Is there a proper configuration for Articulate Rise and Storybook? Is there a certain way to output files that works best, and can those settings be shared with us in detail here?

Diana
    Participant
    @bam3473, Apologies for the delayed response here... Refer this video tutorial : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/embedding-articulate-storylineadobe-captivateispring-content-packages/
    bam3473
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    bam3473
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well please make sure that you are selecting " No LMS—Web Only. " while exporting the content . Please also share the package with us if you are still facing issues even when exporting with "No LMS—Web Only" . Upload it somewhere online and share its link here in private reply .
    bam3473
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. well right now lms based exports will not work with wplms as we do not have inbuilt engines to process packages like scrom and moodle right now. for no lms -web only packages ,well then its upto totally on your packages how they will send the recordings  . About the wplms activities on tin can ,well we are still working on it right now .It is not fully developed but we are working on in and it will be available in future with exportable courses feature . 2. Well we are already working on it and it will be available for all when its complete .
    Money
    Participant
    Any updates on WPLMS supporting Articulate Packages w/ Tin-Can?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Money
    Participant
    It says in the article that "if you don't need to track course completion for your learners, then web publishing is a good option" I do need tracking of the course, and the student completion of the course etc. Does web format somehow work with TinCAN Api on WPLMS?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you might need to configure an external lrs recording system in your package itself .you need to add the endpoints of your external lrs recording system in your package and then export the package for NO lms - web only . As of now wplms does not have recording support from packages into wplms .We are working on it .
    Money
    Participant
    Can you point me to any directions of how we might be able to configure an external lrs recording system in the package itself  and add the endpoints of the external lrs recording system in the package and then export the package for NO lms - web only? The NO lms - Web Only options doesn't give an option to input a custom LRS endpoint. I am looking to use Scorm.com as an LRS endpoint.
    Money
    Participant
    Also, you guys have these videos of how to upload Articulate files into WPLMS. Based on the video (and comments), it seems like you guys do support Articulate courses and TinCan api through scormcloud. Can you let me know what these videos are referring to if you guys dont support tin can? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgR-7CHAyk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtnlzu7nVA  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We do have support to record wplms system (units, courses) activities to external lrs using tin can But the support for scorm and captivate packages to record statements is not there like moodle has .   I guess what you are looking for is this : https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1908227    
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Set Up Captivate or Articulate files for WPLMS import as xAPI/TinCan Zip files’ is closed to new replies.