Show extended fields in Modern registration form

Home Forums Chit Chat WPLMS customizations Show extended fields in Modern registration form

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Clayton
    Spectator
    Hi Vibe, Why is the registration form on the Modern theme only showing basic fields. It's obvious that we want students to sign up with all their details in the extended fields. Can you please give me a solution?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    You can disable ajax registration from WP Admin - WPLMS - Miscellaneous - Disable Ajax registration.
    Clayton
    Spectator
    Mr. Vibe, That's not a very intelligent answer from you. The point of upgrading to the Modern theme was the Ajax Login. Now disabling Ajax will lead to the only ugly form that no one wants to fill. Can you please suggest a solution?
    Clayton
    Spectator
    Please reply
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Sorry this is not available as of now ,Please create a feature request for this here : https://wplms.io/support/forums/forum/general/feature-request/
    Clayton
    Spectator
    How can you just put it aside? Don't you know that the forms filled on buddy press sites are BUDDYPRESS FORMS (including extended fields) and NOT Wordpress default forms? I can't wait for the next update to see whether this feature has been implemented. Please give me a solution for the same. Thanks.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    This is the "only" request for this feature so far. So, unless we get more votes/replies for this count we can not simply add this. Note that there are more than 250 feature requests and we prioritise based on number of votes.    
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Moving topic to Feature requests.
    Clayton
    Spectator
    So you are telling me that students are supposed to register to the site without filling in all their details?
    userid
    Spectator
    One possible solution I can suggest to you is to keep the AJAX login, get users to sign up, and then later ask them to fill in the form with their details. And quite honestly, this could be more efficient. Nobody wants to fill a TAX return form. The important thing is to get the user sign up as quickly as possible without fuss and then there are a million ways to get the details from him later. However, we would need a bit of help from Vibethemes to get this done.
    quanto
    Spectator
    I also support adding the extended profile fields to Modern Theme registration. Let the site owner decide how much additional info will be gathered at the registration. Here in Europe we must gather information about the user residence in order to apply correct sales tax - so, we need at least 2 non-conflicting pieces of evidence. I use geo-location plugin to detect IP address and when the user states his/her country of residence upon registration you're all set.
    extracool727
    Spectator
    i also want this feature
    Jasper
    Spectator
    I raise hand for this feature :D
    carlosolavoneto
    Participant
    Any suggestion on how to do what "userid" said that is to keep the AJAX login, get users to sign up, and then later ask them to fill in the form with their details.   Is there any way to show this fill form immediately after log-in, after simple registration with few fields?  
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Show extended fields in Modern registration form’ is closed to new replies.